• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally! Oh happy day!

Fill me in on this story or send me a link.

This Touring was my father's, Dennis Ryan. He bought the car in 1978. (I was 5 yeras old) The car won several concours, was on the cover of the Rondel in 1980 for the Ofest and was my dad's daily driver. The car was parked in 1991 when my parents got divorced. My dad passed away in 1995 and the car was lost to me. My faimily didn't know where he had stored it and we pretty much gave up on the car. I just got it back this year in July by chance when my sister was contacted by Steve Hamilton of RMBMWCCA to do an autocross event in Winter Park, CO. (she is an event coordinator). He had the car for the past 20 years in storage. We got the car back in July and it had not seen the light of day since 2002 in Keystone when it was driven for a short time by Steve and the parked again.

Just happy to be legal and be able to actually go for an honest drive with out haveing to take the plates off my Subaru.

Here is a photo of me climbing through the window to get it off the trailer.

IMG_2938.jpg

Edited by Ben in Denver

Ben in Denver

2000 Touring INKA 3357390

Fill me in on this story or send me a link.

This Touring was my father's, Dennis Ryan. He bought the car in 1978. (I was 5 yeras old) The car won several concours, was on the cover of the Rondel in 1980 for the Ofest and was my dad's daily driver. The car was parked in 1991 when my parents got devorced. My dad passed away in 1995 and the car was lost to me. My faimily didn't know where he had stored it and we pretty much gave up on the car. I just got it back this year in July by chance when my sister was contacted by Steve Hamilton of RMBMWCCA to do an autocross event in Winter Park, CO. (she is an event coordinator). He had the car for the past 20 years in storage. We got the car back in July and it had not seen the light of day sence 2002 in Keystone when it was driven for a short time by Steve and the parked again.

Just happy to be legal and be able to actually go for an honest drive with out haveing to take the plates off my Subaru.

Here is a photo of me climbing through the window to get it off the trailer.

IMG_2938.jpg

I have a Inka Touring 1/87 scale model that I got from your dad before his passing. He was part of the Intl. Model Collectors Club that some of us old timers belonged to back in the day. Michael Izor has since shut down the group and has been selling off his 4000+ collection on eBay.

Send your mailing address to our email and it would be a pleasure to send you the small car in honor of your father. I know it's nothing as big as getting the car back, it is a part of his memory though. For those of us that have lost our dads it is a way to show what they taught us.

R

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

The car is finally in the right hands. Great story. I know your Dad is smiling.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

That's a great story! I don't know why I get the feeling I've seen the car in person. Have you ever taken it in the past to the Bayarea show or the Vintage?

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

owners who drove to Keystone in (the year) 2002 for Oktoberfest (and got one of the coveted badges), and I remember seeing and drooling over that Touring. Glad to see it's back in the fold and will be carving up the highways again.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite