LJtii

Hemmings Sports & Exotic Cars on a 2002

5 posts / 983 viewsLast Reply

Richard Lentinello, Editor-in-Chief of Hemmings Motor News as well as the various Hemmings magazines, wrote a piece in the January issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic Cars called "Searching For a Daily Driver." In it he discusses the fact that he needs a decent car to use as his daily driver, but wonders what to get. "Life's too short to drive boring cars, so why bother?" he notes. And he lists various cars he considered, including various Volvos, a Porsche 944, Mercedes 300TE, Mazda RX-7, and even a late- 80's BMW E30 wagon. But, in the long run, he decided his car of choice was - yep - a 2002. "There's just something about this Bavarian gem that I can't get out of my system. Through the years I have owned 6 of them - split evenly between round and square taillamp models - so I know them really well. They are incredibly reliable, comfortable on long journeys, handle extremely well, and are a total blast behind the wheel ... Oh, and their boxy styling is simply beautiful." He's on the hunt for a Chamonix or Colorado '72 or '73 with a sunroof and a manual transmission, in case anyone here wants to help him out.

the mag and it bounced...was inviting him to cruise the FAQ for a suitable car and to learn more about 'em. IIRC he owned a 2002 some years ago, when he first took over as Special Interest Autos (predecessor to the current mag) editor.

May try sending him an e-mail again, or simply copying it and snail mailing it with a note re his e-mail address not working.

cheers

mike

Good idea, Mike, Can't imagine how/ why his email wouldn't work. BTW, I met you back in '97 at the Hersey, PA fall swap meet when I had a set of Minilites for a 2002 for sale. Cheers!

Richard Lentinello is obviously a man of good taste. Apart from owning an '02, a 300TE has been my daily driver (summers only) since '91. Great cars!

24qogpk.png