Stu

New rear seats

13 posts / 1143 viewsLast Reply

Just installed the new rear seat covers from Dave at Aardvarc. They're made in German vinyl, stippled, to match the front seats I bought from him. Man, they fit like a glove. The back rest took some time to stretch onto the frame, but once on, perfect.

001_zps706ff4cf.jpg

005_zpsb43a5393.jpg

006_zps136dcc5a.jpg

007_zps7b47dda4.jpg

008_zps1998af86.jpg

Wow those do look nice. Your int is real clean....I like.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I have corresponded with Dave about covers for front and rear seats. I am working on a set of e21 Recaros that I picked up cheap but need recovering and some other work.

This is particularly inspirational since my car interior is also blue. Yours looks great.

Tell us about your carpet set. Looks great!

Smiley-face.gif

Esty has intimated that I bought it from her. Right she is. I believe it's color no. 5, intended to match that for a chamonix/navy interior. I also have the matching trunk carpet and the rear shelf piece.

Esty has intimated that I bought it from her. Right she is. I believe it's color no. 5, intended to match that for a chamonix/navy interior. I also have the matching trunk carpet and the rear shelf piece.

That's what I suspected. Hoping Santa will bring that same set for me!

It does look great, CRAP, this is a slippery slope that I about to step out on. The good news is that as of last weekend my car won't start and I have some rust repair to do. Cost, about $200 bucks and my time. Seats and carpet...looking at a grand...but I won't be able to resist forever.

That interior looks Great!

I tried to have mine upholstered to be a turbo tribute rear seat. I like the way it turned out. It's my current favorite part of the car, but it's very hard to get back there with Konigs as front seats.

sorry for lame pic quality.

1B6560EF-106D-4556-9B7D-5A431B26B843.JPG

E480ADDF-AFA7-4DE1-850C-0E467FC85705.JPG

Edit - wow, i need to dust and vacuum, shameful...

Ryan, I really like your seat. Very cool. I just bought some new rear lap belts (older style, without the retractor), as if someone is ever going to sit back there. Maybe.

Thanks, Stu. re: belts- haha, I was thinking about getting some too, just so I have them. I doubt they would ever get used. First, I want new front belts. I wrestle with mine so much I end up not using them.

I got new OEM front belts from Blunt last June, when had had a big sale on OEM stuff. They are very nice. My old ones were junk.