1972_Targa

One of my favorite moments of the day...

12 posts / 968 viewsLast Reply

Is that one last look before you shut the garage door. Makes me smile and realize how much I love everything about these cars.

Happy Monday...

post-21355-13667667278444_thumb.jpg

Is that one last look before you shut the garage door. Makes me smile and realize how much I love everything about these cars.

Happy Monday...

I second that emotion!

;)

....it's the mud flaps

my02Winter20023a.jpg

I LOVE those mudflaps..always have. Makes the car have a very European feel to it. Wish I could find a set for my car

More mud flaps. Mine cost $18 in the 80s, now I guess a couple of hundred? -Raine

post-232-13667667279681_thumb.jpg

....it's the mud flaps

my02Winter20023a.jpg

I LOVE those mudflaps..always have. Makes the car have a very European feel to it. Wish I could find a set for my car

Here's a new set for sale. This seller's prices are, across the board, significantly higher. But, you don't see these for sale very often.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-BMW-2002-02-tii-turbo-1602-mud-flaps-/400362468250?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3776739a&vxp=mtr

Paul, I have to toot your horn. I was in need of a Euro bus steering wheel to help complete the touring. Then in the mail one day, one appears from Mr Huber with no payment expected nor would he accept any. I think of Paul and his generosity ever time I open the door to the orange car.

Mudflaps? I have a set, not for sale, that remain in the special box because the boys threaten to do bad things to me if I ever put them on. I guess they do not like them.

When Raine sent me photos of his current car and asked me if he should buy it, I said, "heck yeah, it has mud flaps!"

Bill, you are too kind. It's a privilege to know that there's some small part of me (or at least a part of my previous Touring) living in that amazing car of yours. Hope all's well with you...

GoogleEarth caught both me and the '74tii in the garage .... and what is nearly impossible to see in the picture is the 1982 BMW R65LS parked right next to the tii .....

home_GoogleEarthpicture___2.jpg

Cheers,

Carl