Need help on a VW issue

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a 99 Passat 1.8T. 75,000miles. Just got hit for $1,500 for a "front suspension kit" Which is both lower control arms, plus link, bushings, etc. Tech pulled me to the side and tells me this is a recall on 98&99 Passats in Europe but not here. Anyone in the know on VW matters. Suggestions gratefully received. Any particular VW sites I should try? As always, TIA!

Guest Anonymous

The 99 Passats are basically the 96-99 Audi A4.

Be prepared.

I always seem to see a lot of chatter on their threads. "How can I make my car faster than a XXX", and "Got a speeding ticket(again)". Lots of bolt on, go fast parts. Nothing usable for me. Not even how to fix a BBQ!

I've asked a few technical questions, and sometimes got OK answers, sometimes nothing. Nothing like the 2002FAQ or E30M3 SIG. I usually just use the audiworld search engine and collect my info.

Steve J

72 tii Verona

88 M3 Hennarot

98.5 A4 non-q

Guest Anonymous

Should get all your answers no problem. We just celebrated our 100,000th member. YAY

Also keep an eye out in the next week or 2 for their new site.

www.mwerks.com

Same folks, but BMW site.

The community forums there(all non car specific) are linked between a couple other site run by vortex media group. The car lounge is downright addicting.

Guest Anonymous

Ive been emailing them every day trying to get a new password. Also everytime I try to start a new account im told I cant because some reason or another.

So DONT misplace your password

Guest Anonymous

Send an email to this addy

vwvortex@verruckt.com

Tell him I sent you to him. He will take care of your problem.

Sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...