HBChris

Farewell

16 posts / 1538 viewsLast Reply

I sold my `69 2002 this week to a local enthusiast who I hope will join the FAQ. I may still lurk once in a while but I have enjoyed the last five years checking out posts every day and I even learned a thing or two about 2002s. I bought my first one brand new in 1974. I still have my coupe and recently bought a `67 R50/2 that is very original and nicely patinated and also have a 1960 MB 190b ponton sedan that will now get some attention. Thanks, it has been fun.

Chris

post-9115-13667667210332_thumb.jpg

Please don't say you are going away. You have provided a plethora of helpful information to me/us.

I give you 1 year and you will show up posting your new '02. Too addictive to not have one.

Take care, Chris. You've been a welcome/valued member of this forum - hope you might stick your head in every now and again, still with your other vintage bimmers.

Regards,

Tom

...you'll stay around - it's a good house to return to

even though some days the chatter is redundant.

Lots to know about your /2- and GOOD LUCK with

the 190d - I might have a owners handbook or other

lit bit for it if you drop me a E contact address - I'll

dig into my MB archive box - but only if you stay around here!

Chris, have fun with the /2 and MB.

Both classics and good therapy.

Nice article in this month's Roundel about BLUMAX Murray F.

He is a real hoot.

Keep up the great work with the stewardship those fine old mechanical bits.

R

Thanks everyone, I will still poke around. C.D. E-mail is above my name, it's a 190b not a 190Db, any info is appreciated.

Chris

Rob,

Hope to see you in Monterey one of these years. Gave Murray a ride this morning in the Blumax as he can no longer drive and is battling lung cancer. Don't know how much longer he has but he is in good spirits and the coupe really perks him up. Nice to see the Roundel article, he cherishes those moments.

Chris

I'm very sorry to hear that. I've met Murray at C and C a couple times.

For those unaware:

Rob,

Hope to see you in Monterey one of these years. Gave Murray a ride this morning in the Blumax as he can no longer drive and is battling lung cancer. Don't know how much longer he has but he is in good spirits and the coupe really perks him up. Nice to see the Roundel article, he cherishes those moments.

Chris

Terribly sorry to hear about Murray. He's an amazingly cool guy, I remember hanging out with him when I lived in CA. Of course I was always amazed that he was still in "driving condition" even at that time, but it's still really sad none the less.

Chris, be sure to join the IPOG (ponton group) if you haven't already. Also I have access to all the Ponton repair manuals and factory books on PDF, contact me if you need them. Happy Pontoning :)

b.jpg

Rob,

Chris

Chris, thanks much. We have always enjoyed the time with Murray.

They just don't make 'em like him anymore. He is truly a gem.

Please send him our regards and positive thoughts.

We have been through Monterey the last few years during the Historics weekend, although mostly as a drive by or lunch to see some of the cars. The weekend has conflicted with my wife's b-day. I will work on that to spend a couple of days with the good 'ol boys. Greatly appreciate the invite 8^)