Sign in to follow this  
kiva667

old WA license plate source

11 posts / 2257 viewsLast Reply

Anyone know a source for vintage WA license plates? I am looking for a 1967.

So far I have found one on ebay for $135 and another online for $150. Seems a little pricey!

post-18032-13667667209612_thumb.jpg

collector plate registration is where it's at, Riley - cost me a $56 one-time fee and no more tabs, ever! You can then put a correct-year vintage plate on your car.

collector plate registration is where it's at, Riley - cost me a $56 one-time fee and no more tabs, ever! You can then put a correct-year vintage plate on your car.

Any idea how strict they are on these rules? I daily drive my car.

From the dol:

For driving:

You can drive a collector vehicle:

To and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, and antique car club meetings.

For testing purposes.

For the pleasure of others without compensation.

You can’t drive a collector vehicle for regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.

Any idea how strict they are on these rules? I daily drive my car.

From the dol:

For driving:

You can drive a collector vehicle:

To and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, and antique car club meetings.

For testing purposes.

For the pleasure of others without compensation.

You can’t drive a collector vehicle for regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.

No go for a daily driver. You're stuck with regular plates.

I've heard that some state lawmakers in the past were upset because they didn't feel police were doing enough to enforce the collector plate rules - best not to use if your car is a daily driver.

Meanwhile, thanks for the tips on getting a '67 plate!

Stick with the normal plates. Not worth messing with the law. Some cops dont care, others will bust your nuts bout em. Plus when you go out of state you're a good cop target with a car that has '76 tabs.

This is where I got my plate http://www.felix2.com/?ss=Washington&yy=&tt=

I only paid 15 for a good condition 73 plate from there. Just keep your eyes open and you will eventually find one.

Although it would not be honest. If you were ever pulled over with a collector plate on you could claim that you had adjusted the carb in some fashion and were "testing" the new settings.

I think it is similar to driving without a front plate. If your doing something wrong it is just another reason to stop you.

If you do the daily commute and the same cop sees you over and over sooner or later he/she is going to want to talk to you about your plates. Also if you commute across the 520 bridge or get scanned by electronic parking enforcement equipment it might trigger an investigation if the plate showers up too often.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.