kris

"Vintage" gas tank

10 posts / 828 viewsLast Reply

I bought a parts car and in the stash with the car was a "new" gas tank the PO bought in the '90's and never installed...still had the paperwork from shipping and "Bimmer Parts Co" label. Funny thing is, other than being dirty, it is completely rust free after sitting all those years. Dropped a fiber optic camera into it and it is spotless inside. Guess they were built well

2002%20Dec%202012%207-L.jpg

2002%20Dec%202012%209-L.jpg

2002%20Dec%202012%2010-L.jpg

Cool, that's a $500 golden nugget!

I lucked into this NOS early tank in a parts haul out of Plymouth Michigan a few years ago, it's currently providing the drink to my 68!

GasTank_Inner.jpg

very cool! probably my favorite 2002 parts supplier, Bimmer Parts Company; got to know Craig, Jeff, and Tom pretty well over 20 years of getting parts from them.

Tim

Agreed, Bimmer Parts was pretty good.

Agreed, Bimmer Parts was pretty good.

+1

I used to get tons of stuff from them. Still have a copy of their catalog. Was really sad to see them go...

Tom

Same here, catalog from 1985 or so, fenders were less than $100 and you could pay C.O.D. back then with Bimmer Parts Company, a few years later they did away with the C.O.D., only took VISA and Master Card

Tim

I remember paying COD for a complete waistline trim set! Cost less than 200 bucks for a complete set with clips and shipping.

I remember paying COD for a complete waistline trim set! Cost less than 200 bucks for a complete set with clips and shipping.

Ad from the February 1984 Roundel

1ea74e4d.jpg

135 bucks for a weatherstrip kit. Can't buy a OE door seal for that now!