thehackmechanic

"Beezerfest" at the Boston Chapter Meeting Wednesd

6 posts / 469 viewsLast Reply

I'll be going to -- and covering for Roundel -- a very special Boston Chapter CCA meeting tomorrow night. Joe Chamberlain is being given a 'CCA lifetime achievement award. Event organizer John Whetstone has turned it into something of a 'CCA Founder's Reunion, contacting many of the original charter-forming members of the club (we're talking single and double-digit membership numbers). To top it off. Bette Rachlin (Yale's wife) is flying up from Florida.

Joe Chamberlain has conflated the terms "BMW" and "geezer" to dub this event the first annual "Beezerfest."

I realize that the CCA is no longer the fulcrum of BMW-related activity like it once was, but this should be pretty special.

--Rob

Wish it was closer, I'd love to go. I always enjoy talking with Joseph during O'Fest. Please let us young-old-timers know when/where your coverage can be seen.

BTW, if Bette Rachlin asks about Yale's car, it now belongs to Justin Gerry in NY, and is pretty much all restored to it's original glory and sees track day usage like it should. You probably know that anyway....

Thanks!

vince

Big Rock, IL

Jim, I'll share that with Joe. I'm sure he'll get a big kick out of it.

Vince, I will certainly tell Bette that, if I can fight back the tears.

Note the license plate, so no one wonders whose car it was (and in a way, always will be).

Thanks, Justin!

vince

post-830-13667667152446_thumb.jpg

Joe is great fun to be with--and I still miss Yale--he's the one that got me into writing for the Roundel many years ago.

Please say hi to both Joe and Bette for me...

cheers

mike