Dirka

Can this be fixed?

5 posts / 637 viewsLast Reply

Went driving and well my turbo fender got ripped off? Any fiberglass repair techniques? I have the piece that came off.

Thanks!

post-19446-13667667104171_thumb.jpg

Ahhhh nooo.

If the piece that fell is mostly intact maybe you can use some epoxy glue and then refinish the whole thing?

I cut mine symetrical, hence the name toothless on my blog. I tried using fiberglass repair a few times but the piece never had the original strength. I thought of possibly putting some hardware cloth behind the opening and fiberglass repair it into the dam but I lost the piece. Wound up picking up.a.zender dam from the boneyard for $10 when the turbo dam gets too trashed out. I'll update witth pic of dam tommorow.

Daron

If you have the missing part you can use expanded steel - mesh behind the part that broke off.. Then use fiberglass to add a support layer with the mesh.

Also you will need to rough the surface up and grind the point where the broken areas join then fill in that small V area with fiberglass.

i would get some "solar res",It is a product/kit for surfboard repair. The kit comes with bi-axial cloth and resin,catalist,pigment etc etc.....it sets up real fast in the sun/uv light.