Guest Anonymous

dipping your 02?

32 posts / 3814 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

NE1 have done this? I think it's crazy but some do with expensive cars

I didn't do the whole car, but I did do the front grilles. They'd been sprayed silver and I didn't want to commit to black.

Guest Anonymous
I didn't do the whole car, but I did do the front grilles. They'd been sprayed silver and I didn't want to commit to black.[/quote

Yup. Apparently you can peel it right off w/o ruining the paint of your car. Might be a good option for someone who's not ready for a conventional paint job.

Has anyone tried fixing a dashboard with plastidip? It probably won't look good...too matte and too much grain anyway.

Im gonna do my roof white and see what happens. ill try to do a write up for the boards.

Are you doing the matte or gloss finish?

Ola,

They suggest about 4 coats (this makes it easier to peel off later.) I painted my nose panel, front fenders, and doors. I used 3 cans.

Ola,

They suggest about 4 coats (this makes it easier to peel off later.) I painted my nose panel, front fenders, and doors. I used 3 cans.

Thanks! I read 2 square meters per can. Was thinking 3 cans should do it. Will of course buy at least 4=)

But that won´t happen for a while. Just got a few inches of snow and my car is out here in my own to-small-and-to-crowded-to-do-anything-in-it garage. If it clears up I´ll move it to my fathers garage that has lots of space. And heat. Got a few things to do before spring - cage to go in, replace the roof, and install LSD. Then - Nordschleife!

Spring seems so far away, yet so close.

Why would you do this?

A temporary color change?

Does it protect the car?

Just plain fun?

My why´s:

Fun, to see how I like having taiga looking Alpina-taiga.

Yes, and quite easily changed back.

Yes. Heard some doing it just over the winter months.

Yes.

Im gonna do my roof white and see what happens. ill try to do a write up for the boards.

Are you doing the matte or gloss finish?

i think im going to do a matte finish. my 74 is too beat up to get the gloss i think.