Sign in to follow this  
XtremeMotorworks

Chop Shop Coffee grand opening!

7 posts / 1270 viewsLast Reply

My wife and I are opening a coffee stand and wanted to invite everyone to the grand opening tomorrow morning, 5am to 5pm. Any drink 2 bucks! Besides great coffee the stand is going to have an automotive them and we are planning on have some late night coffee and cars type events and two wheel tuesdays etc.

We are located at the Exit 156 off I-5 in the 76 parking lot. 13310 interurban ave so Tukwila,Wa 98168. Our Family also runs the station and we stock VP race fuel there. I try to spend my money at places that support what we love and figured you guys might want to also!

http://www.facebook.com/ChopShopCoffee

That is really close to me. Not sure I can make it before work, but I will be out and about after work. I will try to remember to stop by.

Welcome to the crazy world of coffee!

We own a shop in Cincinnati that is housed in an old gas station. We do Coffee and Cars every Saturday, a lite version with good burgers on Wednesday nights, and Highside Sundays for motorcycles twice a month (which I of course had to build a bike specifically for to be legit..!).

8FC3DE6F-DFFF-4C72-97A1-FAB5E8D189C2-2218-000002FAE58CC044.jpg

I recommend that you get the attention of the local Concourse people, if you have such a thing in your town. It really brings the high end metal out.

Get on Facebook, twitter, and even Instagram, to generate attention and excitement. Let the people do hypeing. In regards to the car scene, if you can keep it euro-centric, you will be better off. And LAWN CHAIR FREE. Nothing worse than hot rods and lawn chairs, in my opinion. The guys who park, grab a water from the cooler in the trunk, and sit there avoiding questions DO NOT build a scene. They only take up space. You want to foster an enthusiast crowd. And if you can provide this unusual and exciting environment, the people will reward you. The unspoken symbiotic relationship becomes very endearing and appreciated from both sides.

In my experience, the bike guys aren't as likely to spend as freely as the car crowd. Unless there's food involved.

If you serve good quality product, on par with the big guys, provide a tasteful sophisticated and unique experience, they will come.

Groups to also consider:

All european car clubs.

Vintage motorcycle and the cafe racer scene.

Offer rental/event ideas for each group. Monthly meet ups, etc.

Car dealerships. Due to the popularity of my shop with the local Subie crowd, Subaru rented my lot with "open bar" and launched the BRZ and the XV Crosstrek here.

Porsche of the Village has instructed their marketing team to highlight their cars at CNC, and publish pics on their sites..

Sky's the limit man.

Here's a shot of the east half of my lot this past Saturday, from the roof. And remember, it's December..-IN OHIO.

4DFF5604-CE76-4551-B7D7-801E46CE462F-2218-000002F34C253EB0.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.