emilbro6909

hood cable release

6 posts / 883 viewsLast Reply

Hi I'm new in the Forum i think you guys can help me with the hood cable release diagram and also with the speedometer cable too thank you.

I have a 1976 BMW 2002

And your question is what? Hard to help you if we don't know what you want to know.

Bob Napier

Hi I'm new in the Forum i think you guys can help me with the hood cable release diagram and also with the speedometer cable too thank you.

I have a 1976 BMW 2002

here you go, i found it here.. AnsWeR

Guest Anonymous

The cable is held onto the part that rotates by a clamping bolt. If the bolt is there, you should be able to push the cable under it and tighten it up. If it is too short, you might need to loosen the other end, in the car, and give yourself a bit more on the under hood end.

Your car may have a 2-piece cable assembly. Upper cable goes from the speedometer head to a counter box located under the brake booster. A 2nd cable then connects the counter to the back of the transmission.

If any parts are broken, you could probably replace all (3) parts with a single cable from an earlier 4-speed car (assuming you have a 4-speed!).