ziff73

So close to being done

12 posts / 963 viewsLast Reply

So close! Almost two years and I just have to finish the trim, mirrors, fix the carbs a little, and button up the last details!!

IMG_5792.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! Must be a great feeling! I have a motorcycle project that started nearly 5 years ago, and I dream of that glorious day when it all comes together to be a functioning, beautiful, heart warming machine.

Enjoy it to the hilt!

Congrats! I can't wait to see mine on the roads as it should. I hope to have it nearly finished next year.

looks great drive it ALA NO EARS...

Thanks everybody! I can't wait to do some drives and stuff...

Yeah, I need the base gaskets for the side mirrors, as well as a handful of little odds and ends... I really thought the hood install was going to be a nightmare, from all the reading I did on it, but it went on pretty easy!..and I did it alone...(of course lowering it down without dropping or scratching it was a back tweak waiting to happen..;-)

Should be running decently this week and finished off before Christmas! Woohoo!

-Stephen

Guest schnelltii

what are you running for springs and shocks? That is a great ride height

Guest schnelltii

what are you running for springs and shocks? Also what size is your wheel package? That is a great ride height

Thanks! actually, I think the front is sitting really high. It might not look like it from the pics, but it's high. I'll need to cut some of the coil, but I'll drive it for a while first to see if it settles at all.

The springs are IE stage two and the shocks are Bilstein Sports. I've only driven around the neighborhood, but it feels pretty stiff, without being harsh..

The wheels are old Hayashi Racing wheels from the early 80's, I believe. Three piece. They were on the car when I got it, but in really bad shape. I disassembled, cleaned, painted the centers, and polished the lips. They are really light, too. I was loading them, and my extra steelies, in my truck after having the tires removed and when I picked up the HREs, I almost threw them over my truck! They're barely 12lbs a piece.

Ideally, I'd love to have 13" Borrani steelies, but the cost of the wheels and availability of the tires just doesn't make sense right now.