autobon7

Anyone fit a sync link to their 32/36 automatic?

18 posts / 1323 viewsLast Reply

Have been reading about the sync link for awhile and most agree that if set up properly is a good bang for the buck. Most comments mention better pull down low after the install. I have a 75 automatic....seems like a good fit? If anyone has any 1st hand experience, positive or negative, please pass along. Also....if you had to change your jetting or modify the CD prescription.

Guest Anonymous

I have a 4 spd..my 32/36 was running great before I added sync-link when I added sync link Wow.....is the phrase that comes to mind....

I truly believe you will love it...I say do it...

ira

As a long time owner of a couple of automatics (my '75 for 31 yrs. and my wife's '76 for 14 yrs.) I can say that anything that helps you accelerate off the line would be welcome.

My '75 has a 38/38 so it's already synchronous, but my wife's has a 32/36. At least, as a '76, it has a 3.91 rear end, which helps acceleration.

Not having used a sync link myself I'd still be inclined to tell you to "Go for it".

If you do, let us know what you thnk after installation.

Bob Napier

post-13147-13667666912717_thumb.jpg

I'm w/Bob on the 38/38.

I had a 32/36 and debated for years on getting the sync and decided to bite the bullet and just get the 38/38 and i'm so glad i did.

People talk about them being 'gas hogs' I honestly don't see it. I drive my 02 for pleasure, not as a DD, but even for pleasure I don't drink any more gas than my buddies that have a 32/36 setup...but I don't have the 'bog' that they do. ;)

-Dave

Don't Do It!

all that power will just blowup your Automatic Transmission

put your time & money into an ATF oil change and

screen cleaning.

before you think something is wrong with your power:

Compression

valve adjustment

throttle linkage adjustment (got Full Opening?)

Auto Trans control cable adjustment

ignition timing

clean new gasoline

clean oil

no tank screen blockage

Guest Anonymous

Brother,

Get the sync-link. The only thing that is gonna blow up from power is your heart from the excitement of the throttle response.

Just from a hands on, practical, I have it experience. I two basic motor O2's with no frills. One has a sync-link and one has a 38/38. Both have been improved by the added carb..sync link and 38/38..

I would say surprisingly that the sync-linked carb gives the 38/38 a run for it's money. I drive both interchangeably. I enjoy both. The sync-linked carb'd car is pretty amazing high end and low end.

I guess the amazing part of the sync-linked carb is the night and day difference between how the carb performs..

I say go for it..

Your automatic tranny is not gonna blow up because you added a sync-link to the carb.

Your automatic tranny. My 4 speed tranny. My 5 speed tranny is gonna fail because trannies fail when they fail.

The added power, lack of oil, cold, heat, gear break, hard starts, high speeds, low speed, wrong oil, right oil,synthetic, dino, my mommas baked bread, etc.....just is

I say do like Columbus, set sail, you will find that the world is indeed round.

There is no downside to the sync-link in my practical experience...

Previously we've had this same thread. This was back when I first had the sync-link installed. In that thread I proposed to the person, if he was not thrilled by the sync-link. I would give him a refund of $50.00........

I give you the same offer.

ira

ssst! i was joking......

"Your automatic tranny is not gonna blow

up because you added

a sync-link to the carb"

if i still owned a 2002 i'd have a SyncLink

on my carbintrader also!

put your time & money into an ATF oil change and screen cleaning.

Hey cd: Have you a diagram / parts book illustration for cleaning the screen in an automatic trans? If so, please post or email. -KB

Guest Anonymous

All good

C.D.

You've probably forgotten what I will EVER know.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Brother,

Get the sync-link. The only thing that is gonna blow up from power is your heart from the excitement of the throttle response.

Just from a hands on, practical, I have it experience. I two basic motor O2's with no frills. One has a sync-link and one has a 38/38. Both have been improved by the added carb..sync link and 38/38..

I would say surprisingly that the sync-linked carb gives the 38/38 a run for it's money. I drive both interchangeably. I enjoy both. The sync-linked carb'd car is pretty amazing high end and low end.

I guess the amazing part of the sync-linked carb is the night and day difference between how the carb performs..

I say go for it..

Your automatic tranny is not gonna blow up because you added a sync-link to the carb.

Your automatic tranny. My 4 speed tranny. My 5 speed tranny is gonna fail because trannies fail when they fail.

The added power, lack of oil, cold, heat, gear break, hard starts, high speeds, low speed, wrong oil, right oil,synthetic, dino, my mommas baked bread, etc.....just is

I say do like Columbus, set sail, you will find that the world is indeed round.

There is no downside to the sync-link in my practical experience...

Previously we've had this same thread. This was back when I first had the sync-link installed. In that thread I proposed to the person, if he was not thrilled by the sync-link. I would give him a refund of $50.00........

I give you the same offer.

ira

Did you change CDs Prescription? If so what did you end up with?

Can the guys that have installed the sync link give any heads up as to what if any adjustments needed to be made to re-adjust the carb? I use CD's set up and it works great for me, but I do want to see if this will make it even better. Thanks in advance.

Idle is the only running condition that I recall changing. Check timing while you're at it.

Try installing only the linkage, and test driving. Then go in and add the dual squirter that's under the top cover. Report back with the differences. Also, tell us about the motor. Rebuilt, stock original, cam, etc. Installingand testing in steps like this could help those who have experienced the throttle tip-in hesitation that sync-link sometimes creates.