LimeySteve

2002 Roadtest video from 1968

16 posts / 896 viewsLast Reply

Thanks for posting!

I never thought about the stick being too short, but maybe it was in the early cars. The description of the 2L m10 as a powerful motor (0-100kph in 10 sec) is a reminder of how much things have changed since!

Cheers I thought it was a treasure too , I wish I spoke German . Some great mountain driving in the wet too ! some good hard cornering on the track , a German Jeremy Clarkson ;) .

That is a great video. I noticed right away the extra driving lights on the front bumper. Skinny tire cars are cool. If you get the craving for BmW videos, I have 40 or so, the one you posted as well (I think). I went over 800 posts the other day so I have sort of lost track.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/search/label/Video

Mark , there was a video I've been searching for, the BMW TV ad where the guy waves farewell to his wife, cruises off to a race track, opens the trunk to find his race tires.Does that ring a bell, I've seen it , it was the inspiration behind my car, daily driver/track car.

Cheers

Steve

I love how he slams the hood when doing the "cold" testing...Made me cry a little...

I don't think I have seen that one, will maybe search around for it over the weekend.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I loved the cold start test in the meat freezer (especially the tester's jacket - we gotta get Blunt one of those for up in the Great White North). I didn't understand much - did he like it?

I love how he slams the hood when doing the "cold" testing...Made me cry a little...

not to mention torquing up on the corner of the hood as it was frozen shut. I know they are trying to test these as a normal human would, but that's not necessary - ouch . . . then body slamming the hood

cool video though

Interesting at 6:04 how the exhaust pipe is positioned and a side view showing it hanging down. Is that how the rear exhaust pipe is supposed to be? There is a big IE discussion going on about the exhaust not fitting right....any

What is that meter at around 330? Is he measuring backround radiation? lol

My money is on a Decibel meter to show how quiet a stock 02 is, don't try that in my car :)