ATLBMW

New dash cover?

9 posts / 1048 viewsLast Reply

I used one because my dash looked like the san andreas fault, or a bad heart attack monitor reading. It serves the purpose, and will never crack in the sun. Fits better on later models, but overall it looks good - I've had a few compliments on it. In hindsight, I almost would rather have my old nasty cracked dash to look at (because it is original) - and at some point in the future I may replace the dash with a clean crack free 3 piece dash - if I ever find one

oh yeah, my glovebox doesn't quite match up with the dash cap installed - another minus

One came on my Roundie from a PO. It definately was better than the horribly cracked dash, but I never did like how the glove box looked out of place. The PO had never glued the sucker down so it tended to flop around in some areas.

Ultimately, I replaced mine with a good used, non-cracked, dash. That was a pain, including removing the windshield, but it's nice now.

Overall, I'd call the covers a decent solution for not much $$$. However, it's not a totally satisfying fix.... just better.

I just ordered from JC Whitney - $135 after 10% discount, and free shipping. I'll be sure to take pictures and post once installed! Thanks everyone!