needscoffee

Numbers matching question

9 posts / 878 viewsLast Reply

cthtii's reply directed you a reply of mine back in 2011. There were some inaccuracies in my reply. i indicated the vin number on the engine block is on the passenger side, actually it is on the drivers side just in front of the hole for timing using the ball on the flywheel. additionally there is a stamped vin nuimber on the flat panel between the passenger side strut rubber mount and the windshield. as indicated the vin number is on the riveted plate just rearward of the passenger side strut rubber mount and on a tag on between the steering wheel and instrument cluster.

there may be other stamped numbers on other panels but i havnt been througout my car to find them if they exist.

Gale H

I want to say there are three vin stamps on the body, engine bay, passenger compartment on the floor, behind drivers seat, and one more somewhere?

Guest Anonymous

dont forget the fedrally sticker on the d door, this is the important one when it comes to smog issues

Hi,

i have never seen one on the floor behind

the driver seat. does someone have

a picture of this location with a factory

stamped VIN number?

please post it.

thanks

stone

Hi,

i have never seen one on the floor behind

the driver seat. does someone have

a picture of this location with a factory

stamped VIN number?

please post it.

thanks

stone

I'm curious too Chris.

Is there any rhyme or reason for the numbers stamped into the original nose panel (seen from the driver's (left) side? Another sequence number?

IMG_7101.jpg

I want to say there are three vin stamps on the body, engine bay, passenger compartment on the floor, behind drivers seat, and one more somewhere?

having stripped several 02's down to shells (71, 73, 74, 75, 76), the only places i have seen vins are:

on the vin plate in engine compt

stamped on pass side body just aft of the vin plate in engine compt

on back of engine block

on tag on top of steering column

door sticker.

never seen it on floor of pass compt or anywhere else.