Sign in to follow this  
GoCats

WTB: fully restored 2002 for daily driver (up to $20k)

17 posts / 2753 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

I'm in the Los Angeles area looking for a fully restored 2002 for use as a daily driver. I've seen the website for 2002ad, and I'll contact them, but if anyone else has any leads I'd really appreciate it. My range is around 20k depending on the car, of course.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm in the Los Angeles area looking for a fully restored 2002 for use as a daily driver.

If interested in a 'build-to-your-specs' option, I've got a couple of possibilities here in the Los Angelues area - email me (button above) to discuss. And, I also know of a recently-rebuilt 2002 in the South Bay you might want to check out. -KB

Hi all,

I'm in the Los Angeles area looking for a fully restored 2002 for use as a daily driver.

If interested in a 'build-to-your-specs' option, I've got a couple of possibilities here in the Los Angelues area - email me (button above) to discuss. And, I also know of a recently-rebuilt 2002 in the South Bay you might want to check out. -KB

Thanks, email sent.

I have a fully restored 73tii that I am willing to sell. No detail was spared in restoring it. Completely stripped to bare metal, all rust removed, in some places was cut out and replaced with new clean metal. Engine rebuilt. Matching VIN. All suspension and engine parts (that could be) were power coated. 5-speed. 2002 Haus short-shift. Recovered dash. New carpet. Recaros. Beautiful car. Runs like new. It will cost more than $20K though.

Email me if you're interested.

I have a 1972 2002tii that I just decided to sell today. call me if you are interested - I need to get $19995 for it.

I put it on craigslist today - it has the basic info:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/3445962103.html

email me at [email protected]

I bought a complete plug and play Kerman stroker motor (2.23 liters, 92mm forged JE pistons, M3 crank, flowed e12 head with Schrick 292 cam and Schrick valve springs, dual DCOE 40's with intake manifold, throttle linkage, water bypass pipe, M3 starter and 80 amp alternator) and subsequently had the crank repaired and re-hardened, cylinders honed, all new bottom end bearings, new Total Seal rings, rotating assembly balanced, crank and pistons installed by the machine shop, head rebuilt with new valves, seals, and 3-angle valve job, head decked and block milled, and replaced every seal in the motor including a custom Cometic head gasket for a total cost of $7k.

According to your Craigslist ad, you paid the same amount for a cylinder head. What could possibly drive the cost of a cylinder head to $7k? Not interested in busting your balls, just really curious.

Highly recommend you buy a E30 for a daily driver and use your leftover money to buy a 2002 for a weekend fun car. Too many big SUV's/trucks around and soccer moms/teenagers who are texting while driving. It only takes one small accident and your 02 will be totalled. A 85-88 325e 2.7L with a 5 speed make great commuter cars. They have big bumpers, get great gas mileage and are fun to drive. I drove my former 02 for years when I lived in LA and it was totaled on the 10 freeway when a pickup truck ran into the back of me at low speed. Now my current tii is a weekend fun car, my E30 and Ford Ranger are my DD. Just my .02 cents worth.

G-Man

The previous oner paid $7000 for a brand new cyclinder head with labor. I have his receipt. I can't help it if he over paid - but I was just pointing out what it had. It's Ok to bust my balls, I can take it. No problem - it was a legit question - if somebody had given me that estimate, i would have just bought a complete engine. But as it is - the numbers still all match and it is the original block.

That vendor (Select Classics) has a sketchy reputation, based on comments on 2002FAQ in the past, here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,323673/

Personally I liked the looks of LEMANS89's listing (no affiliation), although the absence of a front bumper might impede its use as a daily driver, but that would be an easy fix.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,379812/