OK you Rust Belters'. Here is a clean rolling shell for FRE

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Maybe we could get a multiple car discount. I'll be making calls this week to finalize shipping arrangements. Just got the title to my 'new' '70 1600-2 on Saturday!

Karl

Guest Anonymous

Generally, you just pay a (small) premium for a non-running vehicle - $75 or more is what I've found so far. I have a number of quotes in the $1200-1300 range. I'm hoping to get something for under $1k and $700-800 would make me happy. Not cheap, but if I end up with a rustfree 02 in Ohio for under $2k I'll be happy. As you've seen, they're giving them away on the west coast, so paying the penalty in shipping isn't so bad when you look at the big picture.

BTW, I called 2002AD a few weeks ago just to get a reality check. They quoted me $2500 (or was it $3500?) for an early (pre-'71) rustfree sunroof shell if/when they get one. And you still have to have it shipped...

Karl

Guest Anonymous

Bugeye (paint engine room), the woody wagon (reassemble, upholster) and the 4CV convertible (complete restoration). By the time I'm through with them, the '02's will need work again! It's never ending!

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I hear people complaining all the time that all the good cars are on the west coast (or just generally someplace else) and I admit that sometimes I've had the same thoughts. But I realized that distance should not stand in the way of getting a nice 02, so I'm putting my belief to the test and getting the elusive rustfree (I hope) 02 from the left coast. I would really like to fly out and drive it back but... a) I don't really have time to do it and B) I'd be trying to do it with a non-running car.

BTW, with a house, two kids and two project cars already, I don't have time for another one either... but why should that stop me?! Fortunately, the disease is terminal. ;) On the plus side, I will now have vintage BMWs for each of the kids plus one for me to keep. ha ha ha ha .... lock me up!

Karl