Stu

Turkey day fun 2002 style

22 posts / 2015 viewsLast Reply

I installed my IE exhaust and downpipe this morning. A very snug fit, some fitment issues to resolve, but man does my car sound and run good. Surprisingly quiet, and it does seem to rev easier and smoother.

Also put on the new E30 steelies. Lotsa fun. Time to go smoke a big bird.

009_zps6b771a1d.jpg

008_zps1bef60da.jpg

007_zpsbcc21779.jpg

Nice pictures and hope the turkey turned out just as good as the exhaust installation

Could you post some pictures of the IE install

All the best

Is that golden gardens in the background? Love those steeliness you got.

I live in North Beach; the view in the background is north-northwest, of the sound, about 1/2 mile north of Golden Gardens. Where are you?

Thanks for the compliments.

Guest Anonymous

Might be a dumb q but are the steelies 14 inchers and where do you find them, like the look and been workin on the Zonker today myself, Happy Holidays Dave

Might be a dumb q but are the steelies 14 inchers and where do you find them, like the look and been workin on the Zonker today myself, Happy Holidays Dave

They are 14 x 5 1/2, E30 wheels. There are a few recent threads about them. You can get them from Blunt, among other sellers. I got mine from a junkyard for $60.00.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,379138/highlight,/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,379119/highlight,/

What size and make of tire are you running?

195/60 x 14, Sumitomo HTR A/S P01. Decent quality all season performance tire. I have the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Specs on my alloys, same size.

What size turkey ya cookin , hope you dont have any fitment issues with it .

14 pounder, no fitment issues, have run this size bird before on the same Big Green Egg. It was really good.

Those look great! I don't suppose that NK hubcaps and trim rings fit on them, do they?

I don't know about NK hubcaps, but you're welcome to try them on my car if you have them. Don't know about the trim rings, either, but Blunt just informed me that he can get the E30 trim rings from Germany. Think I'm going to get a set. You can't have too much chrome, you know.