Sign in to follow this  
kenkoy214

Engine idle shaking /Hesitation Dizzy Problem??

2 posts / 518 viewsLast Reply

Hi folks! I took my 68 02 to work today as I was getting close to my exit(2 more exits to [email protected] Downey 105E fwy), I thought of accelerating ,like give the car more speed. As I was accelerating I felt the car hesitates and shakes. I was driving it on the fwy for about 10 mins with no problem. What could it be? I checked my ignition wires, haven't done any vacum test on the dizzy yet as the car is parked here at my work.

How do you guys fix if the vacuum plate on the dizzy is stuck, where do you guys turn/push it? I already called my uncle to drop me spare of sparkplugs also just incase one of the sparkplugs is shot. Could it be also possible? it only happened as I push the acceleration (speed up) a little more than my running speed 10 minutes after. TIA

Problem fixed! Yay I get to drive my 02 home.. Thanks to my buddy who saw one of the clip of the distributor got loose.. therefore misfire on #3 cylinder.Now it's running good ..perfect for the Turkey day... Happy Thanksgiving to all!!