Sign in to follow this  
kk550

1972 BMW 2002a ($7800) SF CL (not mine)

9 posts / 1280 viewsLast Reply

I took it for a ride last weekend. Was originally Atlantik, but the current owner resprayed it. The current tires are pretty wide, and it took a bit of muscle to maneuver it at low speeds. It really didn't like going up hills, or accelerating much at all, and you really had to fiddle with the choke to get it running smooth. The owner says he's remedied this by cleaning out various parts of the fuel line, though it keeps coming back. Body looked pretty clean, but there were a few dime-size rust holes straight through the spare tire well, so who knows what that new paint job covered up.

Hope that helps. I misread the ad and thought I was going to see a manual, not an automatic, so I didn't give it too close a look. Given the sluggish accel and the rust I did see, however, I don't think I'd spend $7800 on it. I got the sense they'll listen to an OBO, though.

Also, Highway 1 in Pacifica is absolutely gorgeous. It's worth the trip just for the view.

yep it used to be for sale in SF with stock wheels with caps and white stripe tires. although the green is nice, too bad they didn't repaint it in atlantik. by the way, what is up with the amber reflectors on the rear panel, red reflector on the front right fender, and no reflector at all on the left front fender? strange...

I suspect whoever put it back together after the repaint simply did not know where the appropriate lights went. And it is likely the LF fender was a replacement that was not drilled for the reflector, so one was not installed.

well then whoever put it back together doesn't know that red lights go on the rear and amber lights go on the front, like it should be on ALL CARS (in North America, at least). SERIOUS red flag in my book!!!