Front brakes squeal like a mo-fo after replacement..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay, I just replaced my front brake pads and rotors on my 525it and they squeal like a bitch. I used Jurid pads and Balo rotors, both are said to be OE. I put Wurth anti brake squeal paste on the pads. Go out for a test drive to break them in and after about 6 miles they start to squeal. Bring it back in, pull off the wheels and add a bit more paste. Back out for a ride and right away they start to squeal and the brake lining light came on.

I know it's not about my 2002 but there are some good minds here, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your help!

Eric S.

Guest Anonymous

The pads sit in little "shoes" in the caliper, the manual says to replace them but the new brake pads don't come with replacements. I didn't replace mine and I think that was my problem. Did you replace yours?

Guest Anonymous

their attendent squealing problems)

1. take a thin piece of scrap aluminum (an old piece of aluminum siding is ideal) and cut to match back of pad; insert between pad and piston.

2. chamfer (bevel) edges of pad to a depth of 3-4 mm

3. (I swear this is in an old Renault tech bulletin from about 1965). Drill a couple of small holes in the pad face, insert a piece of pencil lead (from a wooden pencil) and break off flush.

Have experience with the first two, and they do seem to cure at least some squealing. Don't know about the pencil lead trick; never got that far on the list.

Good luck

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I always use the disc brake anti squeal goop on the back of the pads. You may also want to scrub the new rotor surface with a scotchbrite pad and some brake cleaner. I have even gone as far as getting brand new rotors turned so I was absolutely sure they were straight. (on the M3, when warped rotors were the norm)

I had REALLY squealling pads this weekend. Of course, it was on the tandem, and I had just installed new calipers...