Sign in to follow this  
winstontj

Early Style "Log" manifold questions

8 posts / 654 viewsLast Reply

Looking for the adapter plate to attach an m20 TB to an early style "log" intake manifold as well as someone who is able to do the machine work to fit legit fuel injectors into the manifold.

It's been a while but essentially I'll be building a stroked M10 with that early log style intake and either megasquirt or at this point I'll probably just shell out the cash to buy something already bolt-on/turn-key for an EFI solution.

I forget who used to sell them. I remember years ago shipping someone an m20 throttle body to get the CAD drawings all set up but don't remember where that project went.

Time to get started again :)

Have you done a trial fit of the M20 throttle body in the space available on the early style manifold with the runners in place? It may not fit.

post-377-13667666741307_thumb.jpg

Is that a picture of a 318 TB or an M20 TB?

It's been almost 7 years but yes, I did do a few test fits back then and I do remember it being able to fit. If not an M20 TB what else to people use?

Is that a picture of a 318 TB or an M20 TB?

Neither, Ford/Mercury v-6 1986 models. Google search on F6DE-FG There is nothing magic about BMW stuff.

Comes complete with cable, TPS, cable bracket. No mods are required to the throttle body, TPS or cable bracket, direct fit onto the adapter plate. Just adapt to the throttle arm at the pedal.

The butterfly shaft is on ball bearings with seals, no it will not wear or leak air.

The additional cable with the bead chain is my cruise control cable.

post-247-13667666744565_thumb.jpg

post-247-13667666745746_thumb.jpg

post-247-13667666746766_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

quote ""There is nothing magic about BMW stuff.""

u must be neu here?

Welcome to BMW Fantasy Land Dave

Injectors can be fit by hand drilling and reaming. then fitting an insert machined to the proper dims for an injector. Insert is epoxied in place. It cannot be sucked in because it has a collar. Al on this board found another style injector that can be done simpler.

I have 4 new RC PL-320 injectors that are sized for a stroker available for sale. Did some horse trading and these came along.

I have accurate Autocad pdf files for the injector bushing and throttle body adapter plate for you if wanted.

post-247-13667666754951_thumb.jpg

post-247-13667666755754_thumb.jpg

post-247-13667666756369_thumb.jpg

post-247-13667666756964_thumb.jpg

post-247-13667666757722_thumb.jpg

It will fit and i have an adapter for it. tom at 02Again dot com. But that Ford one looks pretty cool. Being that it has the throttle situation somewhat handled. Looked on Ebay and there were several listed for about 40 bucks. I would be interested in the adapter drawing.