Maximillian spark plug wires and loom...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I installed the 8mm spark plug wires , within plastic loom, the other day and all parts fit perfectly. One little problem: the loom needs to be anchored. I am told that 1975s (?) had a loom as stock, and there are holder pieces that attach under valve cover nut. I need to get these. The Sahara is happy with the new wires. $48.00 plus shipping. Now I have to get another one for my Inka.

Guest Anonymous

Got two each of 13 65 1 353 339 Hex Post Spacer and 12 12 1 350 635 Clamps. Install the spacers to the valve cover studs and then the clamps go on top of these studs holding the raceway above and to the side of the vc area. The nuts you had installing the vc then go to hold the clamps to the spacers.

Works pretty slick- (sorry, I don't have any pics of my setup)

kevin

1973 2002

Guest Anonymous

check out pictures of loom installation on earlier post "There

are a few more pics here" which has a great shot of that wire

setup on a super clean tii.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Hey Kris: package has outfit named "kingsborne": www.kingsborne.com. Max charges $48.00 for the 8mm set in loom like i bought. 6 bucks to ship to me in SFO. I have to look at BMP cat. to compare.

Guest Anonymous

I think they're 1" insulated loops that look like a P (or q or b or d, depending on your perspective). They slip over the loom (but not between the molded-in ridges that seem made for it), then are secured under the two rearmost valve-cover hold-down nuts. Worked well for me, and they cost about $2 for the pair. Note that my wires were the 7" variety, so I don't know if that's the same size loom. No pictures either. Sorry!

-Dave

Colorado '71

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i got a fresh wire "clamp" at Home Despot that had enough elasticity for the 1 inch size to go around the loom and for me to get the nut back on the stud. I only did 1, as a temp. solution until i can get the correct holders ( if available). If I dont get them, I will add 2 more like you did - rock solid position and looks o.k.. Thanks very much- desperation breeds creativity, lol: I kina figured somebody out there had used what I thought I had "discovered". I will take a pic today for anyone contemplating buying the rig.