Sign in to follow this  
Lee

Distribution console for racecars

8 posts / 1339 viewsLast Reply

For people rewiring their racecar, or simply wanting to add a switch board for the cut-off switch and fan/pump/blower switches, here's a distribtution console that can be fitted on the transmission tunnel, just as the DTM M3s used to do. You can fit breakers or a cheap Hella fusebox.

Consoles are made from alumunim sheets, folded on a CNC machine and then anodized a satin black. Two models are available:

- One 22,2mm hole for a Hella starter switch and three 12,2mm holes for rocker switches

- Four 12,2mm holes for rocker switches, or enlarge any of the holes to your specific size

Kit includes one console, three rubber grommets and three stainless steel metal screws

Cost is $90.00cad + $20.00cad. Buy two, and shipping remains $20.00cad

I also have only four black anodized DME holders. $90.00cad each. You can combine shipping on one holder and one console for $20.00cad

I accept Paypal in Canadian currency at [email protected]

DSCN1953.jpg

DSCN1946.jpg

DSCN1947.jpg

DSCN1948.jpg

DSCN1952.jpg

DSCN1951.jpg

DSCN1949.jpg

DSCN1942.jpg

If I haven't yet explained, the console goes on the transmission tunnel. Fits any racecar.

On the transmission tunnel

Also, some discussions here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.298259183616214.63609.178417442267056&type=1

and here

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?57804-Where-to-get-breakers-in-the-US-or-Canada

slvr_insde_11.jpg

cockpit21.jpg

cockpit28.jpg

21930_298927703549362_133635386_n.jpg

21485_298927743549358_1965244412_n.jpg

46Img_0612.jpg

Some rally cars use in front of the shifter

192435_298929090215890_118059008_o.jpg

620680_298905826884883_485205346_o.jpg

527267_298905740218225_3770180_n.jpg

Perhaps a few folks here recall the gas pedal* you sold here, and therefore won't touch your new product... well, that's the case with me, anyway (but hey, I'm kinda stubborn a times).

*You know, the accelerator pedal which didn't exactly work for everyone as described. The upgrade part promised, but never delivered. The emails you didn't return.

-KB

Perhaps a few folks here recall the gas pedal* you sold here, and therefore won't touch your new product... well, that's the case with me, anyway (but hey, I'm kinda stubborn a times).

*You know, the accelerator pedal which didn't exactly work for everyone as described. The upgrade part promised, but never delivered. The emails you didn't return.

-KB

You are a very funny character. Every post I make here, is followed by one of yours. Such as this one. Did you buy anyrhing from me? Did you contact me? Did you trying adjusting? Let's stop your baby crying, it is becoming annoying. Email me your phone number at [email protected] and I will call you right away. Hopefully, your continuous nasty comments are not because yu're a competitor just trying to bad rap. BTW I don't remember seeing any of those "defective" ga pedals being unloaded in the classifieds. In fact, it is the opposite. I got perhaps thre dozen requsts since two years ago. And I reply the same way. I made only one production and that's it. It wa supposed to be two units for a racer, I ended up making 2 dozens. period. THose work great on my car BTW.

You are a very funny character. Every post I make here, is followed by one of yours. Such as this one. Did you buy anyrhing from me? Did you contact me? Did you trying adjusting?

Here's how I see it: By ignoring emails and posts, and not following though, you've welcomed and brought this issue in the open.

So, let's review: I purchased two of the pedals (one remains in bag, unused, the other - installed in the car - requires constant adjustment and will be modified, again, or removed). Review your sales records. And emails. Here's one:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 6, 2011 8:29:31 AM PDT

Subject: Re: Accelerator Pedal Payment FYI

Hi Ken

The delrin hinge won’t be shipped before 4 weeks. They need to be machined first. ;-)

Lee

Then, refresh your memory by reading the thread where you advertised and sold the product, and collected money:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,358411/postdays,0/postorder,asc/topic_view,/start,60/

On page 3 of that thread, dated 6-10-11 05:15, is the promise of a delrin bushing to replace the aluminum hinge; have you sent those out to buyers yet?

On page 4, you'll see a buyer who machined a new pedal to replace the one you supplied. (Sure, he didn't ask for a refund - he's more tolerant you than I am, obviously. Does that mean you're in the clear and that everyone is happy? Evidently, not.)

One page 4 (same thread), read the inquires asking which lever you designed the pedal for. Did you answer that? Seems important...

Frankly, I would suggest the design/execution of this product wasn't quite right, or at least not as advertised. And that's okay, because it's difficult to foresee every situation, and a perfect product is impossible to achieve. Rather than admit, address and resolve it, however, it seems you've walked away from your product and customers (not something folks generally find acceptable here on this forum).

Lastly; making it personal and calling names would be easy, but it would be distracting from the point. -KB

Id like to add my .02 here if you two lovebirds dont mind.

I dont know the details of this miff/tiff , but I think the gas pedal issues started it all.

I know KB and Lee thru this and other forums for many yrs now. I consider them both stand up , in the know, BMW racer / gearhead DIY er types....and like them both....

..so what has flared up here?...hmmmm

I purchased the gas pedal as well........and there were a few issues w/ some regarding fit. Some who purchased it were able to fix it themselves w/ no big deal. Some have not chimed in at all incl myself, and that is because I havent instlld it yet.

After reviewing the thread again it seems like Lee did not really comment on the possible fit issues and the possible causes/ remedies. Other posts were made in the same thread that also were unanswered by Lee.

The fact that none can be seen in the classifieds reflects nothing really.

So Lee....what did happen to you on that gas pedal thread? I woulda liked to see your responses and insight to possible remedies and things to do when installing.

can't resist a "love-in"...:-)

from what i can tell Massive is a low volume, unique product operation that may be a sideline for Lee. boutique biz. I like the the ingenuity and quality of the stuff Lee makes. the s14 oil pan he did for 2002's is a work of freakin' art. he is not a big biz that can run stuff through major company QA and testing. fine with me. for these unique applications i accept that there may be a bit of self engineering to make some of the idea's work. i have a pile of Lee's parts on my 2002...just got another one in two weeks ago. great ideas all. keep it up Lee!

re: the gaz pedal...outstanding idea which i gladly paid for. did i "fix" a few things? yep...to make it work more the way i wanted, but the roller bearing and way to capture the "nubs" was cool.

i just wish more folks wanted his pedal box bearing kit so he would make another production run!

-KB

Sell it to me, I will use it in my M2