• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion Please Regarding Rocker Rust...

tsteph12

The longer I stayed there (not long really) the facts would trickle out. Headliner major defects were covered by the visor came up after short drive. The replacement engine was mentioned about 30 min in. defects in paint at the 35 min mark, etc.etc. Me being a car-buying bumpkin there probably was a lot more that didn't get exposed.

Thank you for the input. Sounds like the car has more issues than seller originally disclosed. I had contacted him about a 1600 his wife considered selling, but was informed she changed her mind. Bill mentioned he had a "nicer" 2002 for sale and forwarded me this link from his site.

http://www.oldtownclassics.com/gallery/v/current/2002BMW+Tan/

T.R.

The ad says "no rust" but then shows a picture of rust. ??

Not much info, no price listed in the ad.

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

$1,000.00 +/- per side - labor is expensive.

Any rust restoration (not repair) is not as

cut and dry as labor to replace 4-spark

plugs. It's a gray area untill all the

rusted metal has been exposed.

$1000 per side to do what??

71, flat black

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Guest Anonymous

2002ad wants 1500 a side to replace rockers, the panel is 3 layers thick and once it shows as much rust as pic shows they are probly toast, looks like someone patched them already, not a good sign, be very very careful the rust rabbit is sleepin

2002ad wants 1500 a side to replace rockers, the panel is 3 layers thick and once it shows as much rust as pic shows they are probly toast, looks like someone patched them already, not a good sign, be very very careful the rust rabbit is sleepin

Are we looking at the same pic? All I see is a rust bubble on the lower edge of the fender, in the usual place. The rocker looks fine other than some chipped paint. Based on the picture posted above, the rust isn't in the rocker.

71, flat black

G U L P ?!?!

P1140257.JPG

G L U R P!!

P1140271.JPG

"I SEE YOU hidding littleRUST BUG YOU!"

P1140267.JPG

NEVER! trust a 40-year-old car without dents and patina.

Very nice putty and sanding - and very nice body mouldings.

P1140253.JPG

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"