Stu

New Recaros

14 posts / 1207 viewsLast Reply

I finally received my custom ordered Recaros from Dave at Aardvarc. Navy blue, German vinyl, stippled. Just put them in this morning. I might need to lose a little weight; man, do they grab my butt.

IMG_2433_zpsecd01edc.jpg

IMG_2435_zps5c331a58.jpg

IMG_2434_zps01bc8ebd.jpg

IMG_2436_zpsc651910d.jpg

Here's a pic of Lars preparing to stipple my old seat.

IMG_2431_zpsbd1095d8.jpg

Damn why did I open this thread!!! I have an old set of Recaros just like those in the basement screaming at me everytime I look at them to be recovered. My interior is blue too, so that is exactly how they would look...pure awesome!

Do you plan to get his kit for the rear seat?

Damn why did I open this thread!!! I have an old set of Recaros just like those in the basement screaming at me everytime I look at them to be recovered. My interior is blue too, so that is exactly how they would look...pure awesome!

Do you plan to get his kit for the rear seat?

I do, at some point. Got to have the matching stuff. And, as you can see in one of the pics, the vinyl on my rear seat is torn. I'm just going to get the covers, though, as the horsehair pad and springs are in great shape.

Seats look great! Are those Coco Mats? And if they are, did you order them from the company in South Carolina?

They are BMW coco mats. I bought them from Blunt (www.blunttech.com).

The seats look great, Stu!

Apart from the butt-grabbing, how would you compare their comfort to the original seats? (Lots of owners compare their new seats to their needed-horsehair-and-reupholstering-30-years-ago seats, hardly a fair comparison. But your prior seats look to be in excellent condition.)

Thanks and regards,

Steve

Carpet look great too. Where did you get that?

Carpet is from Esty here on the FAQ (or www.estycarpet.blogspot.com).

The seats look great, Stu!

Apart from the butt-grabbing, how would you compare their comfort to the original seats? (Lots of owners compare their new seats to their needed-horsehair-and-reupholstering-30-years-ago seats, hardly a fair comparison. But your prior seats look to be in excellent condition.)

Thanks and regards,

Steve

My old seats are in near perfect condition and are, so far, more comfortable. The center padding on the Recaros is nice; it's the side bolsters so far that are a bit firm. Perhaps they will break in (i.e., my butt will spread them apart).

I sat in some nice e21 recaros and realized they are too narrow for my hips. Maybe scheel manns or ASS will fit? Silly question but did you own these before recover or get these sight unseen? They look sweet!

I sat in some nice e21 recaros and realized they are too narrow for my hips. Maybe scheel manns or ASS will fit? Silly question but did you own these before recover or get these sight unseen? They look sweet!

Try finding some Recaro LS seats. I am a little wide for E21 Recaros myself, and I ended up with some LS-C models that are really comfortable.

I did not own them before, bought them sight seen (pictures from Dave via e-mail as well as aardvarc's web site) but did not test fit my butt in them. They are no doubt snug, but either they will stretch out a bit, or I'll have to cut down a smidge on the ice cream.