Orusty2

brake master bleeding question

3 posts / 396 viewsLast Reply

I installed a new brake master and skipped the bench bleeding process , do i need to remove it and bleed it? Or can i just crack the brake lines and do it that way? Id realy rather not remove it , lol my back is still killing me from trying to get the hard lines in

Can someone detail the process of bench bleeding it? Just put a little fluid in and pump it?

I am sure that someone can chime in with a good method of bench bleeding, but I have never been able to pull it off. I just replaced the MC on my 73 which has what, 5 hard lines coming off it? Plus having the remote reservoir does not help when considering the set up for bench bleeding

In short, I did a very good bleeding at each brake cylinder/caliper and all went just fine. Don't worry if you don't get the peddle you want on the first bleeding, just keep at it, I have found the 2002 brakes to be a little more difficult then other cars I have done.

Crack the lines open at the mc is what i was referring to, although i dont see it being any different than bleeding the brakes the normal way?