BBL70

grill and kidney all black ......... what you all think?

12 posts / 1179 viewsLast Reply

did I install the kidney right?

did not remember the position when I took out

post-17346-13667666589161_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I don't like the blacked out chrome--but thats just a personal preference -- I do really like your driving lamps however!

It looks correct (hard to tell from that view), but not right. I'm not a fan of blacked-out kidneys (center grill needs the chrome contrast, I feel) or black wheels. Will be glad when the fad ends...

I agree with CD Black wheels are good but a BMW is all about the kidney grill,my son concurs.

Picturesoffmyphone1546.jpg

I think the kidneys look good, and the front end looks plain all blacked out. Black wheels are meh, though I am a big fan of anthracite or gunmetal gray. I'm always jealous of the older kidneys; they look so damn good!

I think I have become king of non resto conformity here (shaved everything, hula girl and aircraft mag compass, blacked out widow trim,etc.). So it would follow that I would naturally black out the kidney. BUT, I think the chrome kidney grill is a must. Kinda like our DNA marker.

With my 76 I rattle canned behind the grill and kidney. It gives depth to the front end and further accents the chrome kidney.

Paint the kidney and grilles metallic pink for the win...

t

Thanks all for the input, well my kidney had some rust spots and some rocks scratches from freeway driving, I just got the grilles and they are in very good shape, my mechanic had some left over black paint from BMW M3 he did the job, so he offer me the paint and I did all, maybe save some money and buy a new kidney later.