Mike Self

Greetings from Nicaragua

4 posts / 660 viewsLast Reply

Down here again for ten days--spent most of my time in and around Managua, the capital. There is a BMW dealer there, but very few BMWs on the road; have only seen a half dozen or so, all newer and large (5s and 7s). But more Bimmers than Mercedes. No threes, and this time no 2002s--which I have seen (one or two) in the past. The almost constant warfare here between 1974 and 1991 means there are few older cars--the oldest thing I have seen is a 1964 Falcon and that was several years ago. Most cars here date from the late 80s and newer. Mostly newer...the roads are hard on them.

Currently in Pearls Lagoon on the Caribbean side--reachable only by boat (2 hrs) from the nearest road. Few cars here at all! Everyone gets around by boat. But they have an internet cafe! Wanted to be the first poster from eastern NI.

Cheers from Pearls

mike

Enjoy your stay in Central America!

Last time I was in Nicaragua I hardly saw any really old cars aside from the Uaz military trucks and interesting cargo/military heavy trucks.

I did see a Volvo with LADA Riva tail and headlamps.

And btw greetings from Costa Rica I'm only a few miles south of you :)

Hope you're being cautious down there, Mike. It ain't exactly like walkin' the streets of Dayton.

Bob Napier