Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

windshield washer pump

15 posts / 1302 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Anybody know of an off brand windshield washer pump that will fit my '72 2002? Thanks, Ken

Advanced Auto has "ACI' universal wash pumps for 2002's starting at just under $20.00; 'The Parts Bin" ( partsbin.com ) also has wash pumps (Trico, Anco and AC Delco ) for 2002's starting at about $20

Tim

Guest Anonymous

With the universal you just screw it onto the firewall right below the bottle.

Ken,

Bill has it, universal wash pumps are easy to install, any auto parts store should have one for a 2002; I just threw in Advance Auto and The Parts Bin. As CD mentioned another washer pump post just below yours

Tim

Anybody know of an off brand windshield washer pump that will fit my '72 2002? Thanks, Ken

I have one & bracket 20.00 + S&H .... let me know

post-17346-13667666468834_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for all the leads on pumps. I'll get one after car's out of storage. Ken

Guest Anonymous

Mike- thanks for your offer but mine is to far gone - rusty and full of hard crud. I'll get a new one. Thanks, Ken

Guest Anonymous

Mikes right, keep it stock, how far to the nearest picnpull? Lots of old BMWs had very similar pumps under the tub. First its the washer pump and next thing u know you will want a small block chevy, its called mission creep extreme.

Submitted with tounge planted firmly in cheek

Dave Miller

Guest Anonymous

Mike; Thanks for your info about washer pumps. I'd like to see your article if you don't mind. Ken

Guest Anonymous

Mike; Thanks for your info about washer pumps. I'd like to see your article if you don't mind. Thanks, Ken

Guest Anonymous

Dave; How about I stuff in an M5v drive train; a friend of mine has one. Probably rip the tires right off it. Thanks to all for your tips and offers. I see Parts Geek has one plus one of youn guys offered one. I'm getting there. One of those cases where I wish the previous owner had left the car alone. Thanks, Ken

Guest Anonymous

Dave, Thanks for your input. Small block chevy a good idea? I'll check out local wrecking yards; no 2002's but there are some old 3 series, plus I may have found a supplier of new ones who will sell to Canada. Many won't; they think our money is wierd. Thanks, Ken