Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Interior manual choke related parts.

13 posts / 611 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

My 1976 2002 never had a manual choke therefor I am looking for the needed interior parts from an earlier 2002 or 1600 that allow the installation of a manual choke. Even if you do not have these parts it would be nice if you could help me locate color pictures of an actual car that had these parts so I will refresh my memory as to what is involved. Since I was first involved with our little cars starting in the early seventies I have not seen the choke setup in ages. So - if you have an OLD parts car with these parts available or just pictures please contact me. 925-322-3424 in Belchertown/Amherst Mass. Yes I would like to add a manual choke to my Weber 38/38 DGAS.

Guest Anonymous

Looking forward to pictures of all needed parts. Would very much like pictures of all parts needed even with the black cosmetic cover removed so I can refresh my memory as to any hidden parts needed beneath the cosmetic black cover. Possibly the plastic cover is the only really interior attachment part for the interior knob and cable. I just can"t remember the setup when I owned 1600/2002 back in the mid seventies.

Guest Anonymous

I am interested. I need to remove my lower plastic cover to compare bolt/screw holes to your cover so I can be sure your cover will attach painlessly in place of my plastic lower cover. Will be in touch within the next few days. 925-322-3424 in Western Mass.

Guest Anonymous

My lower cover is flimsy non structural plastic. My best guess is those cars with chokes were made with metal lower covers so the knob area would not flex or tear and the later cars without chokes were made with simple injection molded much cheaper thin plastic lower covers. If I am going to install a choke I will only do it with a metal lower cover.

Guest Anonymous

I am bumping my ad up above the scammer crap to keep it current. Will be comparing my flimsy plastic lower cover today to the pictures posted above. If the poster above is not willing to talk on the phone please tell me so I can find these parts elsewhere. 925-322-3424.

I am bumping my ad up above the scammer crap to keep it current. Will be comparing my flimsy plastic lower cover today to the pictures posted above. If the poster above is not willing to talk on the phone please tell me so I can find these parts elsewhere. 925-322-3424.

Did you want me to call you??? I do not have another under column cover to compare it to. Maybe someone else here can assist.

Jim

Guest Anonymous

jgerock, Yes we will need to talk on the phone. How else will I know where to send you a check for your parts. I do not have paypal. I buy with postal money orders. All you have to do is cash it at any Post Office. As you know there is no way to scam you with a postal money order. When you have cash you can send me the parts. I

Guest Anonymous

jgerock, Thank you for the Pictures. I just removed my plastic lower cover and though the screw holes appear to all be in the same location as your metal lower cover there are some other differences that tell me it is likely your part will not be an easy bolt on to a 1976 2002. Thanks anyway !

jgerock, Thank you for the Pictures. I just removed my plastic lower cover and though the screw holes appear to all be in the same location as your metal lower cover there are some other differences that tell me it is likely your part will not be an easy bolt on to a 1976 2002. Thanks anyway !

Let me know if you just want the choke cable assembly.

Jim