• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Wooldridge 1973 Chamonix 2002tii clone

MikeWooldridge

Just noticed a terrible master cylinder leak. New or one from

the donor car I bought? Have to check with Danuel. On that.

UPDATE: Wasn't the master cylinder. The nipples on the plastic fluid bottle

had cracked. Replaced and all is well. Actually, I used two. One for the tranny, and a separate one for the brakes.

Edited by MikeWooldridge

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Installed some great seatbelts from Al this afternoon. Man, he makes a great product and so easy to install with all the necessary hardware already attached. If you are in the market, he is the man!

Also replaced some sloppy fitting spark plug ends.

j9273c.jpg

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Have gotten a lot done.

3. 3 series seats installed after removing the receivers

for the seatbelts. Non-matching components and seats

wouldn't slide with receivers on the seats.

How'd you go about removing them? I just got some later E21 seats for mine and the driver's side still has it attached. I'm sure Al could do something with it, as it is in really nice shape.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

Have gotten a lot done.

3. 3 series seats installed after removing the receivers

for the seatbelts. Non-matching components and seats

wouldn't slide with receivers on the seats.

How'd you go about removing them? I just got some later E21 seats for mine and the driver's side still has it attached. I'm sure Al could do something with it, as it is in really nice shape.

Fairly easy. Take the seat out and remove the plastic cover. Then remove the large bolt that goes through the belt retainer. You will have to pry the bracket open to remove the two pieces ( the retainer and a bracket that has two holes in it). When you reinsert the bolt you have to realign the cylinder that runs to the opposite side. Now the seat will slide and mount evenly on the brackets.

j9273c.jpg

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Grills looked like they had been sanded with 80 grit paper, so I took a couple of hours to buff them out. Gotta find some j-hooks for the corners.

Also raised the trunk boards to accomodate the tii fuel tank with the in tank fuel pump and a larger spare tire.

Got my parts from Blunt. Thanks for the quick service. Put the ball cup in the vertical k-fish linkage. Nice difference now. Installed the new interior light and air filters for the tii breather. Had to remove it to get the rear snorkle off. I'm wondering if that is necessary on a regular tii? NE1?

post-123-13667667215354_thumb.jpg

j9273c.jpg

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Had to remove it to get the rear snorkle off. I'm wondering if that is necessary on a regular tii? NE1?

You are correct. I'm guessing most tii's with the stock air cleaner assembly don't get the rear element changed too often.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the afternoon at Conway with Skip and his crew. Got more parts off the inka car. Sure glad I got it from Jason. It has really come in handy having a parts car. Installed the door sills, put in the canceling collar for the turn signals, got a spare tire now, washer bottle from Chris, brought home the "new" doors, bled the clutch, and had a great lunch with the guys.

On the way home, the car just quit on a busy interstate at the worst possible time, 5:00 PM, in the middle of Little Rock.

After checking blown fuse 11, I was worried that the fuel pump had shorted out. Disconnected the pump, but the fuse burned again. Pulled the cluster to find the tach connection shorted out. Disconnected the wire and was back on the road in 20 minutes.

I'm thinking about hooking the fuel pump to the same fuse as the cigar

lighter. Too many places on fuse 11 to give me grief if anything goes wrong.

Now another project getting the tach wire fixed.

j9273c.jpg

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Sorry to hear about the fuel pump fuse issue. Since the pump wiring goes thru the cabin, what about adding a simple spade-type fuse (in-line holder) under the dash for it's own circuit (bypassing # 11 on the block). You could also add a relay so that the pump only comes on when the ignition is "on".

Jim Gerock

You should definitely add a relay for the fuel pump pas Jim suggested.

Al - Mike's car has been retrofitted with the factory tii wiring harness portions we removed from Marshall's 73tii (cold start wiring, fuel pump wiring, etc).

Jim Gerock

After the fuse fiasco, I've corrected that problem. Then cleaned and lubed the window mechanisms on the inka doors.

Put new washer pump hose on and wired the pump. Works with the new intermittent right side wiper switch I added from some of my late friend Armour Titus' stash. Now I have to figure out why I don't have a "fast" speed when the lever is in the uppermost position. It's the same as the previous detent. My switch has the following operations: Off. Intermittent. Slow. Fast?

I've cleaned and painted the spare tire and will remove and make the tii tank and surrounding area like new when I burn some fuel. It seems like I'm getting good mileage, but can't check it due to an inoperable odometer. Plus, the speedometer is wrong. I need a W1.39 or W1.393 if anyone can help.

j9273c.jpg

"FAQ Member Number 60"