Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

WTB steering box, OEM springs, New England best.

12 posts / 745 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I am looking for a low mileage known good steering box for my 1976 2002. I am also looking for a rust free set of young (would be best) OEM front and rear springs for my car. Springs I hope will all be from the same car. Not interested in rusty, crusty headed to the scrap yard springs. NOT interested in any kind of aftermarket springs even if they are free. It would be great if the parts I seek are in the north east. Not interested in any parts from Canada or any other country. Pictures would be great. I am located in Amherst Mass.

Guest Anonymous

I am looking for four inexpensive OEM 2002 (ONLY a set of four) that have been removed from a 2002. The demand for OEM springs is VERY low therefor they should be inexpensive with or without any shipping. My car has YOUNG Suspension Technique slightly lowering springs and Bilstein sports from a local vendor for $600. My rear tires because they are now splayed out (due to the lowering of the car) wear unevenly. Yes I could buy new springs from my local dealer or Max or Blunt or a number of other sources but I would most likely buy from my local dealer because they will beat the other non dealer OEM sources that sell BMW classic/Mobile Traditions parts. NOT interested in modifying my rear trailing arm mountings at this time. In terms of a steering box a BMW repair shop up north has a GOOD supply of used 2002 parts including steering boxes that I could visit and purchase from with very good prices. I just thought I would ask on this site if anyone has a low mileage YOUNG perhaps bought from the dealer box maybe within the last 20 years and avoid buying a used box that was bolted onto a new car back in say 1974-1976 . If anyone has made a slick rack and pinion upgrade modifi cation kit please do tell me about this. I would much rather have rack and pinion over an antique recipricating ball setup from the factory. Not interested in anything but an easy to install all new parts KIT!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

P.S. The most simple way to reach me is in Western Mass. at 925-322-3424. NO-I do not live in Californian as my phone number suggests.

Guest Anonymous

Looking forward to hearing from bmwextremeguy down south and viewing your pictures. 925-322-3424. You can call me tonight until 11 P.M. Thank you. J.H.

Guest Anonymous

You did see I am ONLY interested in buying parts from within the USA "mate". I would prefer as stated to buy the parts in person driving distance from Amherst Mass. if at all possible. I do not know where you are located but my best quess is Austraila or maybe Nigeria. All you have to do is call me at 925-322-3424 and we can talk. This goes for anyone who I am going to buy from! Pictures are great but I ONLY buy or sell on the phone. My way of doing business weeds out the scammers and thieves.

Guest Anonymous

Yes I am still looking for these parts. Still waiting for some pictures but maybe this is not going to happen. I ONLY buy/sell on the PHONE. If anyone is not willing to call me I will not be buying anything on this site. 925-322-3424. How will I know where to send a check without an address???

Guest Anonymous

Yes---still looking for info and pictures---925-322-3424.

Guest Anonymous

Yes I am still looking for a steering box and not rusty 4 OEM 2002 springs. I expect to pay about $100 for springs and $100 and up for a KNOWN good not crusty looking steering box. In a perfect world I would find a young clean steering box that is only 10 to 25 years old hopefully with a receipt from when and where it was purchased. Would prefer to locate these parts driving distance from Amherst Mass. If you are afraid to call me please ignore this ad. CALL 925-322-3424 7am -11pm 7 days.