Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

temp gauge Q

9 posts / 761 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Have tried all the reg remidies but still no gauge, added ground, new sensor cleaned all and have but one Q, what color is the temp sender wire, mine is wired in series with 2 sensors, dont remember my last o2s wire as never had an issue? thanks for any tip Dave

two sensors? that is part of the problem the gauge can only have one sensor to function correctly, and two gauges cannot share the same sensor. there should be one wire running from the sensor to the gauge cluster. think it is brown.

Guest Anonymous

Heres what I have so far, really stumped, brand new sending unit installed, additional ground wire installed, tested at sender unit and needle pegs, connected and warmed motor up, no needle movement at dash, just have never had a temp gauge stump me this bad, any ideas? thank you kindly

does the needle move at all from the bottom when you turn ignition on? does it move if you disconnect wire from sender? ground that wire to the block? is the engine block ground good? if no movement at all, you either have no power to the gauge or the gauge is bad.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for reply Marshall, Yes when key is turned on needle moves from dead off to bottom of range where temp is printed on dial, when connector is grounded to valve cover nut it pegs wildly, all grounds at block freshened to spec, all other gauges and lights on dash work perf, no flickering or bouncing fuel gauge, it all seems good but temp. Is the test when grounding sender connector true, if needle pegs dash gauge is functioning? Beginning to wonder if I got a fauty sender?

tryin to think like a German Dave

Guest Anonymous
does the needle move at all from the bottom when you turn ignition on? does it move if you disconnect wire from sender? ground that wire to the block? is the engine block ground good? if no movement at all, you either have no power to the gauge or the gauge is bad.

Marshall, By the way, beautiful o2 you have, my first was very similar build, bought the Beast in 99 for 300 from picnpull, complete car with nary an electrical issue, ya she was a youngin at 23 years old but what a starter car, I got spoiled! Dave

Guest Anonymous

Brown with a white stripe?

Guest Anonymous

Got her done, pulled a old original crusty and rusty sender unit out of a 320 from picnpull, cleaned it up, installed and presto, tossed the new sender out and temp gauge works, moral of the story, dont always trust aftermarket new parts, installed a killer sony stereo and workin on new seats tomorrow, the fun never ends in Bavaria