Purchase dilemma

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

lisabad3.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/store/index.html

I know of a $1000 '74 '02 here locally. Its basically very straight and surprisingly rust free, but has a blown head gasket (we think) that trades pressure between cyls 2-3. There is no coolant in the oil or vice-versa. Anyways, the car still runs fine once you get it going, but it doesnt like to idle. pretty stock other than the drive-by deep metallic paint job and deleted upper trim. interior is pretty decent/stock, and it has a frigiking but is missing the compressor. Its a friend of mine who wants a thousand for it because thats what he paid for it, but hes moving to hawaii soon and needs to sell it. What do you think? I think it could make a nice M20 project car :)

-Rob (has a couple of spare heads also in case this one is cracked, and also knows of a m20 motor thats just sitting in a junk car at my old shop that i could probably get cheap)

Guest Anonymous

head swap should fairly cheap and you will have a cool car the you might make some money on or keep. The fancy m20 super lots more money to do right, it would be a long term project, but a keeper I would guess if the 74 body is really good then it could be worth it.

Guest Anonymous

On the cheap side, fix and drive it. Shouldn't cost much.

For the long term, build a correct motor and start gathering parts for the major swap.

Don't forget bigger brakes and other upgrades befitting the hp increase.

Cheers!

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")