Sign in to follow this  
scanner

Main Beam Relay 73 RHD (again!)

2 posts / 402 viewsLast Reply

Sorry to keep on posting similar questions but i am slowly putting the pieces of information together before cutting!

My '73 (RHD Squarelight) has two fuses for the low beam (one for each side and a relay in the circuit before the fuses.) The 86 terminal is looped into the feed to one of the main beams. This appears to be correct to the factory wiring diagram and i have been told that this is so the low beam lamps turn off when Main beam is turned on

What i want to do is put in a mainbeam relay(s) to reduce the load on the lightswitch and stalk.

Should this relay be positioned before or after the loop to the low beam relay? My thought is that it should be between the fuse and the low beam relay because if i position it between the low beam relay and the main headlight it will be inturrupting the earthing of the low beam relay?

Im also thinking of having a separate relay for each high beam or is this just overkill and a waste of time?

It might help if you drew up a diagram of what you are trying to accomplish and posted it. Make sure it includes everything from the battery all the way to the headlamps.