Stu

Purchase of the day

13 posts / 1486 viewsLast Reply

Just what I needed, more wheels. Picked up a set of E30 14" x 5 1/2 steelies for cheap at the junk yard. They were pulled from a car with a blown engine, and are in very good condition. No curb rash. A complement to my E30 basketweaves.

004_zps855a096e.jpg

005_zps229567e7.jpg

006_zps46b4335d.jpg

nice!

make sure you get the correct nutts

to go with those holes

Stock '02 lug nuts will not work? I got new lug nuts from the tire shop when I mounted my E30 basketweaves--might they work?

Thanks.

nice!

make sure you get the correct nutts

to go with those holes

Stock '02 lug nuts will not work? I got new lug nuts from the tire shop when I mounted my E30 basketweaves--might they work?

Thanks.

If they're the 60* bulge seat lug nuts, then yes, they will work fine

How does the ET35 work w/ the 02? That will not hit the steering linkage?

This is the area I am wondering about. I ask, because a freind just got a set of these wheels and is concernred they will hit.

Scott

IMG_4331.jpg

35mm works with the steelies. They're narrow.

Barrelled out to 7", the offset would have to... inset...

t

This is the area I am wondering about. I ask, because a freind just got a set of these wheels and is concernred they will hit.

Scott

IMG_4331.jpg

I don't know; but before I buy and mount tires I'm going to bolt one up and see. Maybe tomorrow.

Scott

IMG_4331.jpg

I don't know; but before I buy and mount tires I'm going to bolt one up and see. Maybe tomorrow.

They will fit fine. I ran ET40's on my car for a bit. Only spot the rubbed was under hard cornering the sidewall would lightly rub on the strut up front and in the rear under compression on the bottom of the inner fender wall.

BMW%25202002%2520003%2520NO%2520PLATE.jpg

You should send em in and have em barreled to 15x7 steelies :P

I had some 14: NK wheels rebarrelled to 15x7 ET25. Super sweet wheels but very heavy. Complete with beauty rings and hubcaps. I ended up selling these when I got a set of Bayern wheels. Those wheels would look really good as 15x7. It runs about 800 bucks to do a rebarrel

post-17424-13667666162325_thumb.jpg

post-17424-1366766616267_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667666162997_thumb.jpg

Has anyone run beauty rings on the 14 inchers? The barrelled 15 inchers with hubcaps and rings are very cool.

Funny, I bought an E30 because of those rims. ($300 for a running car thats now my DD)

I cleaned them up and a couple of coats of high temp rattle can aluminum (silver), A quick bake in the oven (dont tell the wife) and they look great on the 02 - sorry no pics. With no rubbing at all.

Still looking for a wheel cap for them though.

Beaner7102