edward

Paging Creighton--?? re Century turbocharger setup.....

7 posts / 732 viewsLast Reply

Hi ...been away from the BMW world for a while, but an e21 with the century turbocharger kit fell from heaven into my lap. Car is hit hard in the rear, but friggin roars at WOT and runs sweet throught the whole throttle range., with some pretty hairy turbo lag and slingshot --80s style.....

Anyways...I am too old for such a thing, and want to know whether this setup is a "bolt-on", or does the engine have internal mods as well (lower CR pistons or anything else) ? I just want to know what I have here before I offer it up to someone more appreciative than I.

Thanks Creighton.....you da man......

If I'm not mistaken the Century turbo kit was exclusively sold as a dealer installed (bolt on) option. I'd HIGHLY doubt that a dealer during that time would have taken the effort to mess with the internals on a new engine/car.

It was definitely a bolt-on. I lived about 3/4 of a mile from Century, and was freinds with one of the mechanics there. He was the one that tipped me about a tii being sold. Still own the car. Took them about 6 hours to bolt the kit on. They had problems with the pop-off vavle muffler being launched into the street. I talked my roommate into installing one of their turbo kits on his 633. It was hellishly fast.

No Otis-type pictures????????.... What has happened in the last few years; has the site been cleaned up???? HAR!!!!!!!

Hi ...been away from the BMW world for a while, but an e21 with the century turbocharger kit fell from heaven into my lap. Car is hit hard in the rear, but friggin roars at WOT and runs sweet throught the whole throttle range., with some pretty hairy turbo lag and slingshot --80s style.....

Anyways...I am too old for such a thing, and want to know whether this setup is a "bolt-on", or does the engine have internal mods as well (lower CR pistons or anything else) ? I just want to know what I have here before I offer it up to someone more appreciative than I.

Thanks Creighton.....you da man......

PLease take detailed pictures!!! :)