• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roll Call for those hit by Sandy

Swiftus

Hi Everyone-

As a member of the ISRCG in DC who now lives in Oregon, I am just trying to see if everyone made it through the storm OK.

I'll start... News from DC is my family is safe and that my roof repair on the garage worked perfectly and my baby is safely sleeping totally unscathed.

Jay

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

from Sandy, but no damage--just a few limbs down.

50 miles north (Bellfontaine) had 5" of snow--highly unusual for this part of Ohio in October.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

We managed to get a good bit of snow that stuck to the ground and some strong winds, but not far away in WV they got a couple feet of snow... I still commute to teach a class in WV, but its at low elevation and didn't get that snow.

Of course my furnace decided to stop working as soon as the snow fell and things got cold. Luckily I've got a nice woodburning stove, and have kept things toasty warm... got a sore back from all the log splitting, and its a pain to get it started when I get home. Hopefully the furnace is permanently fixed tomorrow.

The worst outcome for me: the 2002 and the truck have to stay cozy inside and safe from the rust monsters, while I'm back to driving the Miata with the holy top and rusted rockers.

As for 02s in Sandy, I'm most concerned about the one somebody posted a few days ago that was left on the street with layers of covers. Hope it didn't float away...

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Everyone safe and sound, aside from a tree cutting power to the office which was a very minor setback compared to what has happened in other parts of the coast.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

My family and I are fine in Bridgeport, CT.

I live on the water in Bridgeport, just north of the Fairfield town line. Water came over the street and right up to my stone wall, which is about 6ft above mean high tide. Our basement is dry, thank God! I lost a section of siding, and have some holes in my bug screens, but thats about all the damage we had. I have about 1500 lbs of ocean debris on the side walk infront of my house, including nasty ass syringe...and 5 gallon poly container of someone's piss.....NASTY!

Our friends in Fairfield got the brunt of the damage as they are a lower laying community than ours. There is still 3-4ft of water on some streets in FFLD.

I just got my power back at 3:00 today, and couldn't be happier. Although it was a great feeling to be prepared and have everything we needed to be comforatble, we did get a little stir crazy and had to get out.

My father lost 34 trees on his 20 acres in Redding, CT. He had to chainsaw his way to work on Tuesday! A friend on Lalley Rd. in Fairfield was rescued by an FD boat Tuesday morning. They lost everything on the first floor of the house.....no bueno!

I brought my boat down from Thamesport Marina in New London on Friday, thank god I did, because the marina got MESSED UP! and all the docks and boats are a screwed...!

post-16226-13667666126674_thumb.jpg

post-16226-13667666127561_thumb.jpg

post-16226-13667666128475_thumb.jpg

post-16226-13667666129448_thumb.jpg

post-16226-13667666130402_thumb.jpg

Shenton

1909 Marion Bobcat

1956 Austin Healey 100-4 BN2

1970 BMW 2002 - 1674197 Parts Car

1973 BMW 2002 - 2585341 Driver

1993 Shannon RP- 93 SCCA Sports 2000

2006 31' Cape Horn (KielBASSea)

We got hit pretty hard with the winds, not much of the rain. 97% of the town without power since Monday. We got it back at about 8:30 tonight. Hallelujah!

I did a little post about our town in my blog, with pics... too many to post here. We made USA Today also. (East Lyme, CT)

A Dubious Distinction, for sure!

:)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/11/hurricane-sandy-meets-baurspotting.html

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

All good here in brooklyn, though a huge old tree fell in the middle of my street crushing some cars.

Our apt, and my wife's "just opened last friday" hair salon business had no issues.

Tii and my new '97 328i made it through the craziness just fine. Other cars are upstate so no worries.

Commuting by '85 Trek, but only to the salon. My office still has no power. Im always on a bicycle, so not too different then usual for me. Feeling bad for the masses who are commuting by car or bus or partially working subway.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

All good here in brooklyn, though a huge old tree fell in the middle of my street crushing some cars.

Our apt, and my wife's "just opened last friday" hair salon business had no issues.

Tii and my new '97 328i made it through the craziness just fine. Other cars are upstate so no worries.

Commuting by '85 Trek, but only to the salon. My office still has no power. Im always on a bicycle, so not too different then usual for me. Feeling bad for the masses who are commuting by car or bus or partially working subway.

Where in Brooklyn are you buddy? I'm downtown in park slope. No issues to report; car was bundled up well.

Manhattan is a mess though.

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Not too many problems here in Upstate New York. Some random power outages, trees down etc. BMW's all survived fine, we had alot of wind & rain & I only lost a few limbs around my house. I will be going to WGI for BMW Street Survival this weekend & will see some of the damage the storm caused there. I think it was only signage & no structural damage to anything. Hope everyone affected is doing OK.

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

i live in brooklyn too. got really lucky. never lost power and no damage to the cars or house.

lots of trees down in my area and a few cars crushed (2 on my street alone). unfortunately, someone was killed by a falling tree not too far from me. it was a college student walking his dog. very sad.

sandy was a lot stronger of a storm than many people; myself included, had imagined.

mike tunney