lkystrk

Rotors

12 posts / 814 viewsLast Reply

Hi,

Have a 76 2002A, been looking for rotors on eBay, wanted to stay with originals but they are so expensive, I see all kind of prices and choices, how can I pick out the right choice? Prices range from $25 to over $200? Brembo being the cheapest and I thought Brembo where a big deal, I don't like brake Squeaks, any suggestion on what’s the best option for running smooth?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

.... but they are so expensive, .....Thanks a lot

Not sure where you are looking or what you consider expensive, but stock rotors are about $28 each from Bav Auto and $29 each from Ireland Engineering down in your neck of the woods.

And to avoid squeal with your new rotors, put anti-squeal paste on the back of the new pads before installing them.

Bob Napier

A pair of new Brembos from AutohuuaAZ is $67.44, with free shipping , as Mike points out below.

softer ones--squeal more than others. I've had good luck with Axxis Metalmaster pads being nice and quiet, long lasting and--best of all--good stopping.

Another source of rotors with very good prices: Autohaus Arizona--buy a set of pads to go with your new rotors and you'll have a $50 order and free shipping.

mike

EDIT- Sorry for the bother, found them at Import replacement parts.

Where did you find the Axxis Metalmaster. Did a quick google search with no joy.

Thanks,

Don

just another data point...but if you drive your car in a sporting manner avoid metalmasters like the plague. they are ok for puttering around town, but after a couple of hard stops or a long mountain downhill, they just go away. total fade. i had them once on an e30, and threw them away after a month. never again.

just one persons experience.

I tend to agree with Marshall (above). If you check the Site Search, in the upper right hand corner of this page, you can find some good info about better pads than Metalmasters, which I've used several times, but no longer use.

Bob Napier

Hi Mike,

I have been looking on ebay, and I actually don't consider expensive untill I see huge price range gap, if the best ones are $200, so be it, but since there are so many choices out there, why waste the money, I thought good advise from the Bimmer pros out there will be great.

2002FAQ is awesome:)

Best

IMO best place to order parts is from BLUNT. I used the Axxis pads on my first trip to Mid America. I stopped fine in Dallas (flat) but once in the mountains my brakes turned to caca. I came close to rear ending a few cars before I figured out my brakes had severe fade