Alpinweiss

Will 13x5,5 ET 19 rim fit for 2002 pre-71?

8 posts / 951 viewsLast Reply

Hallo,

I am searching the answer to the question would 13x5,5 inch ET19 rim be suitable for BMW 2002 pre-71 (before first facelift)?

Many thanks,

-Sam

Yes, that will fit as long as the lug pattern is 100mm from lug to lug.

I use the same set-up on bot of my cars.

Slavs

They will fit, but they will stick out ~+10mm or so beyond the stock setup so be sure to go easy on tires or you could rub the lips in the rear.

You'll just want to use narrower tires (185's x60 or so)

to give a bit of clearance from the fenders.

Steering won't be ideal, but with narrower tires, it'll be ok.

I've also done it (on and off) for years.

t

Hallo,

I am searching the answer to the question would 13x5,5 inch ET19 rim be suitable for BMW 2002 pre-71 (before first facelift)?

Don´t know differences of pre and post -71, but I´m running 13 x 5,5 ET 18 with 185/70 with no problems regarding fitment in the rear. Nu rubbing that I`ve noticed. Dropped about 2". (Adding lousy pic.)

Actually about to try 13x6 ET 17 with 185/70 in the rear. The rim should just poke out 7mm more, and with the same tire width I´m hoping to be ok..=)

post-19950-13667666076395_thumb.jpg

I use 5.5X 13ET18 & ET19 with 20560 X 13 Tires on my 67 and 69 1600s. With stock suspension there is rubbingat the front in hard cornering. BUt with slightly stiffer and shorter afterm arket springs and Bilstein HD shocks, There is no rubbing at the front. No fender rolling is necessary. I have also installed negative camber plates at the front (only - 0.5 degrees). I also have 22mm and 19mm sway bars. Handling is better than stock, but car handles better with Bilstein Sport. The 5.5 width rims are the minimum width reccomended for the 205/60 x 13 tires. These tires would feel better with a wider rim.I've also tried using 17570 X 13 tires in place of the 205/60 x 13. Handling seemed cripier.

Slavs

Thank you all,

Eventually I took the restoration path with 5X13H2 ET26 "tii sport" wheels, which I found after serious seeking from the ebay.de. I chose Continental EcoContact 3 185/70 R13 tires on them, and they look & drive fairly OK under my 2002 -71 now.

Attached a photo of the current setup:

post-37468-0-65064600-1367137680_thumb.j

Again, thank you for the folks who responded to my initial question.

Greetings,
-Sam