davidboco

$45,000 for an 02

18 posts / 1720 viewsLast Reply

http://www.astonmartin-lotus.com/inventory/index.php?page_function=detail&product_id=888

This was my old car that I sold for 30k. I hope he gets 45k! he replaced the wooden steering wheel I had with the factory one and fixed the AC.

This is a classic example of a car that is too nice to drive and probably should be in someone's collection or a museum.

I sold it and bought a VW Eurovan Camper that I actually use and enjoy.

Long live the 02!

Please if you sold that car for 30 grand, the least you could have done was fixed the A/C for the buyer you ripped off.

Gee, I paid $14,500 for my totally rust free blue plate CA '72 tii, and everything was working just fine, including the Behr A/C that had just been thoroughly gone over at a cost of $2500 by the seller.

Mind you, I did have to pay a couple hundred bucks for a Nardi wood wheel and $500 for a Becker Mexico radio along with a couple thousand in trim pieces that I bought from Blunt when they were on sale.

ruve4g.png

Sounds like a pretty neat car. Not a lot of Lux 02's around. At least on this side of the pond.

Sounds like a pretty neat car. Not a lot of Lux 02's around. At least on this side of the pond.

This. Thats a fine detail between this car being worth 25 grand, and 45 grand. The Lux edition 02 is very rare.

That is a very pretty car. Try to buy one and get it into that condition with those options for less than 30k!! 45 may be a stretch but maybe someone will love it

The Lux models I have seen have a long L under the 2002 on back. Was that just Tii Lux? My buddy has a Lux so I have looked at it pretty close. What makes this car a Lux? Not questioning it just curious for my knowledge. It has a lot of neat accessories but I thought Lux was a sepcial order and was denoted on the car

If I'm not mistaken, the armrest in the rear and the wood trim up front are two identifiers. I'm not too brushed up on the lux models though, maybe someone else can chime in a little more.

Market is wierd.

Poseurs pay stupid money at Barret Jackoff for cars that can be found

for fractions of that in local markets.

Rare is in the mind of the beholder. If a Lux is worth that in the market,

cool...

But I too would have taken the money and purchased something I could use.

'Cause I have a lot more fun playing with things than I do merely owning them.

Interesting data points, certainly!

t

Lux had door pockets, wood trim on fascia and doors, centre arm rest in the rear and a few more bits I've forgotten. This is rarer than a Lux - it's an Italian market special that all came in black with a tan interior and with those wheels.

Reckon it should have the 'L' underneath the 2002 badge at the back - part #18:

30.png

Gee, I paid $14,500 for my totally rust free blue plate CA '72 tii, and everything was working just fine, including the Behr A/C that had just been thoroughly gone over at a cost of $2500 by the seller.

Mind you, I did have to pay a couple hundred bucks for a Nardi wood wheel and $500 for a Becker Mexico radio along with a couple thousand in trim pieces that I bought from Blunt when they were on sale.

Jesus, 45k?! that does seem like a lot. For any 2002. Even a ti.

0224121234a.jpg

This was $1000 back in '92... a 74 with WORKING A/C, automatic, and those wheels. It's now worth $12k with a manual and A/C.

Why do people want velour seats and a rear armrest and door wood trim so much? o.O

My current DD was $38,000 new... now it's 15 years old and worth 4...I can't imagine paying 45k for a squarelight 75 italian market 02 with a carb and some fancy seats. The trunk bin is worth $1000 IIRC, and the alloys are a good price, as are the Italian turn signals, but I'm just not seeing the value... Just my opinion, you don't have to agree. It IS a nice car, though.

New England part of the equation makes me cringe.

Lux had door pockets, wood trim on fascia and doors, centre arm rest in the rear and a few more bits I've forgotten. This is rarer than a Lux - it's an Italian market special that all came in black with a tan interior and with those wheels.

Reckon it should have the 'L' underneath the 2002 badge at the back - part #18:

30.png

Nick that is what I was finding...that is a very rare car. So if you pull a VIN on a Lux will it show it was a Lux? Or can someone option out a regular 02 and call it a Lux?

I am sure in a few years 45k will seem like a steal for a car like that.

I am sure in 15 years 45k will seem like a steal for a car like that.

yeah.

Chrome bumpered 911, anyone?

t

I am sure in 15 years 45k will seem like a steal for a car like that.

yeah.

Chrome bumpered 911, anyone?

t

it is not a $45k car until someone actually pays that much. until then, it is just another low mile 02 with options for sale...

putting an exhorbitant asking price on a car just generates buzz and free advertising to get the car known in the market.

Please if you sold that car for 30 grand, the least you could have done was fixed the A/C for the buyer you ripped off.

You know, you do have the option to say no when someone sells something.

Why do peolpe get worked up over something that doesnt affect them?

I think it is a beautiful car, and since there are very few 2002s in that condition, he might

just get the money.

I would rather restore my own car for the price than buy it like that, but I am weird.

Regards

Jacques