ClayW

How to Prepare for an Imminent Storm

20 posts / 1274 viewsLast Reply

That works, I see two or three that can wreck havoc with the two little sheds I keep the 02s in. Looks like two or three days of concern.

Clay -

If I were that e30, I would also be preparing to unveil my water wings!!!

017_17_000.jpg

Lucky... you have a garage...

Mines covered with a bav auto cover. Underneith the cover is multiple moving blankets to provide the glass and body work with some padding. Everything is then tied down with rope. The blankets may absorb water, but I figured the car would be getting wet either way. Hopefully the cover is waterproof enough to keep it dry.

About the best I can do given my resources. The other option was indoor at the pier parking space we have at work... but this seems a little bit safer then having my car sitting on a pier over the hudson river.

post-375-1366766600231_thumb.jpg

If you really want it dry and if it hasn't started raining yet, you could consider getting a $20 plastic tarp and put it under the Bav Auto cover. I've used the Bav Auto cover with/without moving blankets and tarp depending on season and weather. The paint will get damaged if one of the tarp's grommets touches it, especially with any movement.

Batten down the hatches on that cover so it won't flap and shred.

Good luck, everyone.

hang tight, I hope you all get thru this with no problems.I have family all over the Eastern sector of this bitchstorm

i wanted to protect the important bits so i took the engine, interior and subframes out and remove the windshield so it would not break...

:-)

I just left the Japanese car out as a sacrificial offering to the weather Gods.

i wanted to protect the important bits so i took the engine, interior and subframes out and remove the windshield so it would not break...

fail

2012-10-28_10-52-50_925.jpg

Marshall, you may want to drill some holes in the floors to let the water through. (And get those tools off the car :)

The new and improved shell I bought had tadpoles living in the rear footwell due to its mostly unrusted, Arizona youth. Wish the p/o had done the above. East coast problems...sigh.

i left two 2002's and an e30 out. maybe that will appease them....

Well Don, I called my younger son who lives near us to see if he was ready, "yep, bought the beer.". Nuf said

fail

How eloquent.