superbuick3

Engine ID! HELP PLEASE!

6 posts / 478 viewsLast Reply

Hi, so I need a little help with identifying a BMW engine. I didn't really know where to post this so if it is in the wrong section i am sorry. I have tried going on a couple sites to try to decode the serial number but none seem to help, and i can't find a serial code search. So if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Heres a couple pictures of the codes and serials i could find on the engine. Sorry about the second picture being a little blurry

img3007ea.jpg

img3008nr.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Top pic shows date stamp of 82, bet dimes to donuts its a 318i from 82 or 83 car.

Well, the first picture is almost certainly the intake manifold from an E30. I'm not quite sure what you're showing us in the second picture. That is the firing order as stamped on the valve cover.

Putting together two and two, you have an M10 engine from an E30.

Thank you for the correction, Nick. That is an E30 M10 motor.

didn't know they fitted that later intake to an e21, but then my knowledge is European based. Looks like a 1,800cc m10 from an e30.