Sign in to follow this  
biltwok2

Sandy

18 posts / 1587 viewsLast Reply

East coast guys, hope you are all high and dry. This could be a nasty one, and we'll be thinking of you for the next couple days. be safe!

I'm listed under the evacuation zone in nyc. I might put my 02 up on jack stands in the garage just to be safe.

Brooklyn area checking in. City is grinding to a halt as this storm approaches.

Car is covered and tied up (with moving blankets inside to help protect glass). About the best I can do without a garage.

moved all of my spare parts for my motorcycles and car off the basement floor, and have my primary sump pump running fine (always installed) and my secondary (at ground level) installed as well. Then, because I am anal and have had my basement flood before, I have a tertiary pump that is ready to be hooked up on a moments notice. If those three can't handle it, then chances are the streets are flooded anyway and there is no point trying to bail out. also have sand bags ready to barricade the place down, the chimneys taped off, and cleaned all the debris off of the roofs on my side of the block (id be pissed if someones junk fell on my car).

I sort of take this stuff seriously... Have to protect the investments.

post-66-13667666003036_thumb.jpg

Yes were definetly taking this storm seriously on long island the o2 is safe at the bimmerboys garage so on the way to target look what i saw warning pic is offensive

post-16487-13667666007738_thumb.jpg

it's 7 feet above ground level, but they're expecting 5-7 foot storm surge tomorrow, so we're keeping our fingers crossed...

mike

Here in Philly, we are supposed to get absolutely hammered. I lose power in my neighborhood frequently. Have to break down and buy a whole house generator soon. Lost power in irene for 5 days. Worried about all the trees in my yard and was just outside trying to move the daily drivers in a spot that might not get damage...this sucks...

NF

'70 2800

'72 Tii

I'm prepared for the worst ere in Bridgeport, CT. I live right in the water, so I'm pretty much screwed with the 6-12ft storm surge.

I'm outta here, heading for higher ground tomorrow in the AM...

Stay safe everyone!!!

All set here. Thank you all and good luck. So far nothing major. I'm seeing very small flurries on the 30th+ floor. but mostly mist for now.

post-21555-13667666048724_thumb.jpg

getting pretty bad around here... power outages, and lots of flooding along the shore. This pic is from a friend whos on 18th st and avenue C in manhattan.

post-21555-13667666061382_thumb.jpeg

getting pretty bad around here... power outages, and lots of flooding along the shore. This pic is from a friend whos on 18th st and avenue C in manhattan.

wow...... that's serious. We're just getting heavier winds in NH. Been raining non-stop all day. Nothing bad as far as wind gusts really, but its getting stronger as time goes on. We're being spared according to the forecasters. The storm is far enough west that we're not supposed to be directly hit.

Power is begging to go out. Got the generator ready.

Scott

wow...... that's serious. We're just getting heavier winds in NH. Been raining non-stop all day. Nothing bad as far as wind gusts really, but its getting stronger as time goes on. We're being spared according to the forecasters. The storm is far enough west that we're not supposed to be directly hit.

Power is begging to go out. Got the generator ready.

Scott

luckily still have power (what would I do without the FAQ!?).

Not looking forward to work tomorrow... we are right along the west side and I bet that our garage is flooded. please, let it be okay. Please...

if the cars are destroyed, I'd be the first one to get fired considering I'm the youngest. :(

here just east of Cleveland its really windy and the rain is non stop for the last two days.

You should see our Yorkypoo Yogi go out to do his biz!

John

shocked...did not even lose power here. (pun intended) first time in 12 years we have not lost power in a storm.

was able to make a latte in my "squarie" mug this morning

2012-10-30_07-44-54_313.jpg

looks to be a bit of a mess north of here though.