Grover

40 years old. Woo hoo!!

29 posts / 2285 viewsLast Reply

On October 28th, my car turns exactly 40 years old. Very cool I think. I bought the car 8 years ago, and never could have imagined what a great experience ownership would be. I've rebuilt pretty much the entire car in that time, each year ticking off one project or another. When I bought the car I'd never so much as changed a set of spark plugs, but am proud to say I've done pretty much everything to this car with my own two hands (with the exception of the paint) with the occasional generous assistance of various FAQers, notably Curt Ingraham and Cris Padagas through the years. A few months ago I finally got the ITBs installed, and then just in the past couple of weeks got one of Lee's old CF air boxes mounted (thanks Daniel!!) it sounds fantastic, and I love the contrast of old-school and the modern CF box. Who knows what will be next, but something will rise to the top I'm sure...

40th2.jpg40th1.jpg

40th6.jpg

40th5.jpg

40th4.jpg

40th3.jpg

40th7.jpg

WOWIE Zowie, that looks GREAT. A project to be Proud of for sure

You've done a great job Tom!

Y I K E S !!! that's like sticking a camera down inside yer

underpants and taking a SNAP!

Happy Birthday

and yer tyres are too fat

40th7.jpg

Absolutely beautiful Grover! Job well done. We should meet sometime. I'm just down the road in El Sobrante. I would love to see your car in person.

algon

Beautifully done!

Are you running megasquirt? what are the ITB's off of?

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's hard to imagine I would have tackled nearly as much of the work without the FAQ, it truly is the "most important tool" as the tagline suggest.

Rocan. Yes, I've been running MS2 since installing the stroker motor about four years ago now. It has worked very well for me although I know there are still gains and improvements to be made, I've just not dedicated the time to learning all the functions and ins 'n outs. The ITB's are 45mm TWM unit that so far have worked very well.