BrentF

Just won the real estate lottery (sort of)!!!

24 posts / 1492 viewsLast Reply

16h96cm.jpg

I guess I won't be needing my new Danmar lift anymore, as I just purchased a new house.

Best part of new house: Indoor parking for 4 cars in 38' by 22.5" tandem double car garage!!!

I guess I can go out now and fill that fourth empty garage space!

Ooh , nice digs! I had to buy a farm with barns no less, to stash my projects, er, cars!

Mike

Who's going to shovel your driveway?

House is part of an enclave of 5 homes with their own shared private paved drive. This shared road and each of the individual 5 driveways are all plowed under a single snow removal contract. Apparently when the snow falls, this is the snow guy's first stop and the snow is cleared by 4 am.

That was important to me, since the house I am selling to buy this one, has a heated driveway but only room to park 2 cars (inside).

I keep hearing that song, "Movin on up, to the eastside..."

Congrats!

Nice! I was limited to 33"3' in length for my garage due to the city zoning. I could have gone larger if it were attached. I can get all 4 cars in if I try.

You should have no problems unless you go larger than a 5 or A6 etc...

I park nose to tail, e30/2002 and 912/Jetta Wagon.

John

Who's going to shovel your driveway?

House is part of an enclave of 5 homes with their own shared private paved drive. This shared road and each of the individual 5 driveways are all plowed under a single snow removal contract. Apparently when the snow falls, this is the snow guy's first stop and the snow is cleared by 4 am.

That was important to me, since the house I am selling to buy this one, has a heated driveway but only room to park 2 cars (inside).

one of my personal criteria for places to live is nowhere that a heated driveway or contract snow plow service is needed or optional...;-)

very nice. I've been off the forum for a while because I also recently made a similar upgrade, and have been distracted. I've got three cars and 2 motorcycles on one side, the lady parks the Subaru on the right side, and if I knock out the workshop wall then I'd have room for the next 'project.'

Time to start planning "Brentfest 2013". I'm sure the neighbours won't mind :-)

Where in Toronto is that? Lorne Park? Pretty sure it's not Wychwood Park.

more pics of house!!!...beauty.

btw..how do real estate prices compare eh? to say NY or Michigan or Cali?

Toronto is expensive, not London or Paris expensive, but pricey. Average house price is almost $500k.

I'm a Southern California boy, born and raised, I don't want to seem naive, but could you explain a heated driveway, Sounds interesting